Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quest System + Quest Log - 100% Working

Zamin

@Zetasis:

> Okay I added this quest system and I must say this is great. I'm having porblems getting it to work though. When ever I try and talk to the quest NPC nothing seems to happen. When I push the page down button the quest log will load up so I am not sure if it is my scripts or not. Here is my main.txt will someone please look at it and let me know if I installed everything right? If not would you please let me know what I did wrong and explane how to fix it? Thank you very much.

Hello,

OK, the truth is. I've kinda moved on frmo this forums. I just dropped by after a few months to see how everything is running. I am sure you were not able to install the script properly because I remember taking out all the possible bugs and asked many to test the system.

It will be amazing if someone else can look at your main. I have exams 'till Dec. 20th. If no one helps you out, I will find some time and come back to look at your code. Hopefully, I can still remember my algorithm.

I am sorry, this is the best I can offer.

-Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't work to me =(

I made everything step by step (added the "Custom Menu Array Fix"; edited modGameLogic, main.txt and clsCommands; made Quest and QuestDatabase folders; unziped QuestExtra.rar in the right place ; put CQS.txt and QuestSystem.ini in their respective places ).

There was no error message… But when I press "PgDwn" nothing happens, the NPC doesn't do anything...

What can I do ?

Thank you.

OK Guys, I've tested it many times on EE 2.8 and it works fine. The instructions are provided on the first page in the first post on how to install it. If you are having problems then you probably missed something. Most like the VB source edits. Please go back and look closely. Although, if you are really really stuck and don't know what to do, don't hesitate to post for help here.

I've revieved a new PMs asking me to make the quest Eclipse Stable compatible. So I did. THe process is not much different than the EE 2.8 installation. I also made everything compatible with the most updated GIS so no more headaches. Although CQS file still exists. This time CQS file contains the stuff which you were suppose to add at the end of Main file. And I also changed the name from CQS.txt to CQS.ess (sounds so much cooler now).

Below is the basic Eclipse Stable.rar. By this I mean I downloaded the most updated ES and installed the QuestSystem on it. This means everything is aleady done for you. All the VB source edits and all the SadScript addons. I suggest if you are having problems installed the script, download this and take a look at this. Or if your starting to make your own game and want a Quest System, download this and see if you like it.

I am trying to make this post as small as possible. Please note that I fixed a small bug, while I noticed while doing this. Before you used to get an error if you had your quest item equipped (for some reason) and went to the quest guy. Now you don't. Please download the file and take a look at it.

If you need me to make a full, formal installation guide for Eclipse Stable then please let me know. If you need me to put up a BIN file for EE 2.8 which has QuestSystem already installed then also post here and let me know. Before new year please.

[Click Here to Download Eclipse Stable with QuestSystem Installed](http://www.vgexpert.com/Downloads/EclipseStable.rar)

-Thanks

@adr990:

> Hmm, I can't find:
>
> ```
> MyScript.ExecuteStatement "Scripts\Main.txt", "ScriptedNPC " & Attacker & "," & NPC(NPCnum).SpawnSecs
> ```
> In modGameLogic.bas, I use the EE 2.7 source.
>
> What to do now? :P
>
> (Also, great job on the script. Thumbs up.)

Look in Server Source in **modGameLogic**. It should be there. If not then search for
```
MyScript.ExecuteStatement "Scripts\Main.txt", "ScriptedNPC " & Attacker & "," & NPC(NPCnum).SpawnSecs & "," & MapNpcNum
```Meaning it has already been implemented.

If possible switch to Eclipse Stable. It is the best  choice, in my opinion.

-Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I installed all the files, made quest and NPC quest giver, but once I hit CTRL near it, my server displays this error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'ScriptedNPC'
I use Eclipse Stable. What could be the problem? By the way the only file I didn`t copy  completly from eclipse stable example is main.ess but I added include CQS and initiate quest and quest extra subs. Also I use Godlord`s main.

Hi
I have downloaded the source code you put up there with the quest system installed. When I run the server using Vb it gives me an error

Type Mismatch "Timed Event"
And after
Type Mismatch "OnServer Load"
then
Type Mismatch "Timed Event"

I didn't touch a thing. I just ran the vb file for the server.

The client runs fine.
-Toxikr3

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'ScriptedNPC'
I use Eclipse Stable. I have copied all the script and source of client and server. Then when i press CTRL it says that kind to the server. My problem is also the same as Mister X

Guys, sorry. I dunno what is wrong, I checked and everything seems right. I am completely busy for the next 2 weeks. Please give me some time. I will be back in 2 weeks and fix whatever you guys are having problem with.

-Thanks

@razorjin:

> Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'ScriptedNPC'
> I use Eclipse Stable. I have copied all the script and source of client and server. Then when i press CTRL it says that kind to the server. My problem is also the same as Mister X

Well if you get that error, then you didn't. Stop putting presure on zamin, it works fine.
I just did it now.. You alll just failed.

OK. You actually posted a video. I apologize for committing to get this issue solved and failed to do so. One more day. I will get it all right.

I will see what is going on and put up working server/client files. And will make a complete guide for ES (as requested). If this doesn't solve the problem, then I will give individual help.

Once again, sorry for this. :(

EDIT: I didn't have time, sorry. I feel bad. I will get this done asap.

@Zamin:

> OK. You actually posted a video. I apologize for committing to get this issue solved and failed to do so. One more day. I will get it all right.
>
> I will see what is going on and put up working server/client files. And will make a complete guide for ES (as requested). If this doesn't solve the problem, then I will give individual help.
>
> Once again, sorry for this. :(
>
> EDIT: I didn't have time, sorry. I feel bad. I will get this done asap.

I actually think you are the most helpful person on this forum. I don't think anyone would go out of the way just to help that much, and I think we all appreciate it. Please take your time with this as it suits you.

Thanks for all the help so far,
-Toxikr3

@Toxikr3:

> @Zamin:
>
> > OK. You actually posted a video. I apologize for committing to get this issue solved and failed to do so. One more day. I will get it all right.
> >
> > I will see what is going on and put up working server/client files. And will make a complete guide for ES (as requested). If this doesn't solve the problem, then I will give individual help.
> >
> > Once again, sorry for this. :(
> >
> > EDIT: I didn't have time, sorry. I feel bad. I will get this done asap.
>
> I actually think you are the most helpful person on this forum. I don't think anyone would go out of the way just to help that much, and I think we all appreciate it. Please take your time with this as it suits you.
>
> Thanks for all the help so far,
> -Toxikr3

I totaly Agree.