Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Stingray Awards 2009"

StingRay200

THE STING RAY AWARDS 2009

So after being here a almost a year, I've decided we need this.

It's time poeple got noticed for there awesome talents that they have and need to show to the community, that's why I have come up with this, the annual "The Stingray Awards".

Prizes are given for all types of genres, a list is below:

* Best All-round game
* Mapping
* Newb Guide
* Pixel-Artist
* Role-Model
* Scripting
* Sig Artist
* Uberness
* User of the year

As you can see, almost everthing has been covered (If I have forgotten anything, PM me) and these awards will be given out yearly, you will have the permission to put the award in your sig, or whatever you want to do with it, put it on your website, yada yada yada.

Prizes will be available but they haven't been thought of yet.

Hopefully I'll get a Sub-board for this, It will work alot more smoothly.

Yours Truly,
Stingers

@The:

> uh no offense, but i think people that know more of the community should. For example, the vets should make a poll in our board and we can all vote, not just leaving it to one person.

I think simple enough we shouldn't have these stupid contests. Because one way or another arguments and debates will start. For example I think I should get best pixel artist, best mapper, best game, and another one saying best game designer. Others may disagree and debate me. And most people haven't even seen my mapping with RMXP tiles for like 2 years, and no ones seen any of my game design documents, or game design in play.

Its all bias, and unless its very strict as to how its judged, not everyone is going to know how good everyone is at everything, blah blah blah its stupid idea.

@Kreator:

> I think simple enough we shouldn't have these stupid contests. Because one way or another arguments and debates will start. For example I think I should get best pixel artist, best mapper, best game, and another one saying best game designer. Others may disagree and debate me. And most people haven't even seen my mapping with RMXP tiles for like 2 years, and no ones seen any of my game design documents, or game design in play.
>
> Its all bias, and unless its very strict as to how its judged, not everyone is going to know how good everyone is at everything, blah blah blah its stupid idea.

that too

@The:

> But people could vote… which would solve that.

But that would make it a popularity contest, then, rather than based purely on skill in the area mentioned. Sure, the better someone is, the more populous their votes turn out, generally, but it's not a direct correlation.

And to all others: this isn't an official contest, and no one's going to say what can or can't happen except for StingRay. These are his unofficial rewards, and as such only reflect his opinion or the opinion of his judging panel. As a result, that may or may not make the contest bias, but it's bound to happen, as any judges are subject to vote one way or another based solely on what they believe.

That said, this is not the place to argue the merit of this contest. If you dislike the idea, you are not forced to participate, vote, or even read the topic.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post. xD  Should make a bit more sense now.