Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Borderlands

pman

• 2 weeks later...
Game is pretty tight, I have it.
Love the Diablo inspired randomized drops, Half my fun is finding new and better shit. Game gets crazy hard when you get multiplayer and bring in some friends, enemies really ramp up, hard as hell even with one more player (only played 2 player)

I'm currently lvl 24 I think, and only now just got to the second "main" area.  I like the skill tree things, wish I could play it online, make use of more of my skill tree.

All in all the the game is a kick, looking fowards to playing again when I get home

If anyone chooses the chick character tell me if she becomes usefull. I tinkered with her only till lvl 5, so only JUST unlocked her ability and skill tree, but didnt get farther then then.

At first though her ability only seems useful for escaping danger. Didnt look much at her future skills though

1\. Got it the day it came out.

2\. Consumed Life.

3\. Beat game yesterday.

4\. Lilith (the girl) is good only after reaching about level 30, when you make it so that you can go into phasewalk (action skill) every 5 seconds.

5\. Brick (big guy) is amazingly good, but without a friend to revive you, is not as useful.

6\. Rolan (black man) is very well rounded, but often used. (everyone is him or mordecai.

7\. Mordecai (Sniper) sucks alone unless you give him a good backup weapon.

8\. EVerything is twice as hard on second playthrough. PLus all names have changed.

9\. If you want the "Pew Pew Pew" Gun (alien weapon, machine gun.) go to Dahl Headlands and go into the ruins and loot the chest. (higher chance there.)

10\. As far as I know, there are only 1 of each type of alien weapon. 1 machine gun, 1 rocket laucher, 1 sniper, and so on.

11\. I recommend being level 33 or higher when facing the last boss. Seeing as he is level 33.

12\. If you have it on playstation, give me your ID so we can play.

13\. Check the red text on special weapons. it USUALLY means what the gun does. (The Dove for example says "Sometimes I forget to reload…" and never uses ammo, thus you never have to re-load, although it is a very crappy pistol.)

14\. Once you get to New Haven, loot all the chests.
  A: Broken Claptrap chest.
  B: to the left of broken claptrap chest, on roof top.
  C: on rooftop to the right of chest B.
  D: chest on top of building left of scooter.
  E: chest on top of building left of the mayor's (girl with few quests in building) building.
  F: Outside new haven, on a hill leading to the bandit camp near doorway to West Badlands.
  G: Chest hidden behind sheet of metal in bandit camp near doorway to tetnus (i think) caves.

15: any more questions ask me.

• 2 weeks later...
@In7el3ct:

> My god, I haven't stopped playing this game for any reason other than food, sleep and narcotics since I got it…

Then you must die.
This game really sucks, repeats itself, lacks in graphics (cell shading is cool if done right but not here), lacks in story, locations suck, it's boring overall, characters desing is horrible - I can't stand looking at them (especialy sirens' face) not even mentioning the sounds (berserker - male masturbation sounds?). It suposed to be a Mad Max game while it is some fucked up game for kids without any sense - come on, those graphics are like from [Toon Car Racing](http://i4.tinypic.com/5439lhh.jpg). Also nonskipable intros are horrible. It's one of the most lame games I saw recently and it's only a proof that advertising can do miracles. It's totaly random, the multiplayer game is rubbish - nothing that you could call "cooperation".

AND THAT DUCKING ROBOT AND THAT SCREWED UP GUARDIAN ANGEL! CAN'T STAND THOSE BITCHEZ.

@[URFAG:

> [USUCK]Kusy !@X@! link=topic=53075.msg573622#msg573622 date=1258061233]
> Then you must die.
> This game really sucks, repeats itself, lacks in graphics (cell shading is cool if done right but not here), lacks in story, locations suck, it's boring overall, characters desing is horrible - I can't stand looking at them (especialy sirens' face) not even mentioning the sounds (berserker - male masturbation sounds?). It suposed to be a Mad Max game while it is some duck up game for kids without any sense - come on, those graphics are like from [Toon Car Racing](http://i4.tinypic.com/5439lhh.jpg). Also nonskipable intros are horrible. It's one of the most lame games I saw recently and it's only a proof that advertising can do miracles. It's totaly random, the multiplayer game is rubbish - nothing that you could call "cooperation".
>
> AND THAT DUCKING ROBOT AND THAT SCREWED UP GUARDIAN ANGEL! CAN'T STAND THOSE BITCHEZ.

Dayum, Polish bitches got some bark to add to the bite they don't has.

Anyway teh Graphics are all handrawn, I liked the old ones better, but the dumbasses changed it at the last second and through out all the old ones.

The game does repeat alot, i got bored fast.
And what advertising? I haven't seen a single commerical for it, and only like 5 people I know have or have heard of it.

I'll have to agree with hippoman. I didn't even know it existed until about 3 days before it came out, and I only knew that from a sidebar advert on a webpage.

As for the graphics, I enjoy them. Cell shading may look cartoony, but it seems to work for this game. You (Kusy) may not like it, but that doesn't mean that other people shouldn't like it. TF2 looks like a cartoon too (it doesn't have the cell shading but it doesn't need it) and people play that all the time.

As for the repetition, I'd say it has about as much repetition as diablo or d2\. It may get boring after a while, but there are so many skill and weapon combinations that you shouldn't get bored unless you're a twitchy counter-strike-esk player who goes apeshit if he doesn't kill something every 5 seconds.

The multiplayer is done pretty well, 'cept for the fact that everyone I play with is a dick and complains about how you're supposed to play the game, either through what mission to do next, or what the best character combo is (it doesn't matter what the best is, it matters what's fun).

The locations do get a bit repetitive after Rust Commons, but I challenge you to find a game that doesn't get a bit repetitive after half the game in this market.

The story is remenicent of Treasure Island for me, and as long as you actually read the mission statements, it's not "lacking" at all. Most people just go to every mission, kill whatever's there, then get the reward, not actually taking the time to figure out what's going on, expecting the storyline to be given to them on a silver platter. Hell, if the storyline was given in cutscenes instead of mission statements and voice recorders, you'd just skip them anyways.

Oh, and who cares if there's a non-skippable cutscene at the very start? It's like 2 minutes, and sets the tone pretty damn well.

@In7el3ct:

> I'll have to agree with hippoman. I didn't even know it existed until about 3 days before it came out, and I only knew that from a sidebar advert on a webpage.
>
> As for the graphics, I enjoy them. Cell shading may look cartoony, but it seems to work for this game. You (Kusy) may not like it, but that doesn't mean that other people shouldn't like it. TF2 looks like a cartoon too (it doesn't have the cell shading but it doesn't need it) and people play that all the time.
>
> As for the repetition, I'd say it has about as much repetition as diablo or d2\. It may get boring after a while, but there are so many skill and weapon combinations that you shouldn't get bored unless you're a twitchy counter-strike-esk player who goes apeshit if he doesn't kill something every 5 seconds.
>
> The multiplayer is done pretty well, 'cept for the fact that everyone I play with is a dick and complains about how you're supposed to play the game, either through what mission to do next, or what the best character combo is (it doesn't matter what the best is, it matters what's fun).
>
> The locations do get a bit repetitive after Rust Commons, but I challenge you to find a game that doesn't get a bit repetitive after half the game in this market.
>
> The story is remenicent of Treasure Island for me, and as long as you actually read the mission statements, it's not "lacking" at all. Most people just go to every mission, kill whatever's there, then get the reward, not actually taking the time to figure out what's going on, expecting the storyline to be given to them on a silver platter. Hell, if the storyline was given in cutscenes instead of mission statements and voice recorders, you'd just skip them anyways.
>
> Oh, and who cares if there's a non-skippable cutscene at the very start? It's like 2 minutes, and sets the tone pretty damn well.

Super Metroid. Never gets old. Ever. Starcraft. Never gets old. Never. Why i just got back from making it.