Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name a Good Eclipse Project

CDQ

I've been rippin and runnin around lookin for somethin nice to play and hang out on, maybe something that has pet dragons or something, with a lively admin and all that

I just wanna play with someone or hang out with them, and maybe be a Staff and map or make dungeons for them too  :)

I just wanna hang out generally, because I'm really really bored  :D

Hopefully it is active too 

(If this is the wrong forum to post this in please move it to where it needs to be  :P )

Basically, there's not a single properly LIVE Eclipse project.

By this I mean that there's not a single Eclipse game worth playing that is currently open, accepting players and still fully active.

I'd say if you simply want to play something close to an Eclipse project, look for a still alive Mirage based games.

Like SoMX(Secret of Mirage X)…. yeah, my mind is stuck I can't remember any other.

I mean almost every single big Eclipse project is either dead, scrapped or lost to the wind.

> Basically, there's not a single properly LIVE Eclipse project.
>
> By this I mean that there's not a single Eclipse game worth playing that is currently open, accepting players and still fully active.
>
> I'd say if you simply want to play something close to an Eclipse project, look for a still alive Mirage based games.
>
> Like SoMX(Secret of Mirage X)…. yeah, my mind is stuck I can't remember any other.
>
> I mean almost every single big Eclipse project is either dead, scrapped or lost to the wind.

That's not entirely true at all. There's tons. Pokemon Cyrus, was originally made in Eclipse, who knows if it still is. Another good one that's currently in beta, Skywardens. Labyrinth Hearts is in beta soon if I recall correctly, I was originally part of the project but then I took up Chaoscraft. I wish I could say Chaoscraft was coming soon :P We are currently converting to a java browser based engine that we may or may not release after Chaoscraft has been developed o.o 

Anyways, no longer around but Ambardia Online was fantastic. One of the very first Eclipse games to come about and be successful. Kirbys Dream World Online (or something to that extent) was fantastic, literally almost the "first" Eclipse game to go live, I remember playing that. 

You'll see that most of the games are currently dead, for a good reason. Visual Basic 6 is becoming very outdated, as you can see. That's why Eclipse V is going HTML5/Javascript, because that's a much more updated language.

If your interested in Naruto, you could try Nin Online, though you have to either refer 20 people for Silver Shinobi, or you can buy Gold Shinobi like I did and get the early beta access like I did for $20 USD. There's a good amount of games around if you search, hope I helped :D

Well mostly I prefer a Pokemon project to have joined, even more picky PMD related, but overall I just wanna chill with someone  :D

I kinda got tired and bored of bad community games and whatnot like PMU etc  :P

Warning long post:

>! Nin Online - best pixel artist ever (Rory  ^^), plus probably the most custom eclipse-based engine i've seen out there.
>! Ambardia - looks really interesting with the 3D style sprites (think they are making a 3D engine…), I dunno much about the features.
>! Chaoscraft - I guess it looks ok, I'm not really into sidescroll mmos (can't imagine how it works with eclipse engine), only one I played was probably Maplestory, but I dunno it they have combo system in this engine, otherwise it seems like when you attack you'll just stand there and wait for the enemy to die kinda eclipse feel.
>!  
>! Labyrinth Hearts - another 3D style sprites kinda game, the Romance Conversation System they have looks interesting.
>! Crystalshire - not sure if it's online (I think Robin is making a new engine for it, dunno)
>! Other than those games, I guess you can only find out if you play it, most Eclipse Engine games tend to fail badly either because they are made by people who don't have a programmer in their team so they can't get any new features in their game different from the eclipse basic stuff, or people who think a good game is made in 1 week and just spam every sprites/items/spells they can into the game, or simply people who just don't know what they're doing.
>! And from what I learned with time is to don't judge a game that still isn't finished, and some games have a slower development rate than others (check Duke Nukem Forever  ahaha), but what makes a game really good is when they have a dedicated team (and I don't mean working 24/7 on it, most eclipse game teams don't make a living from it's game, they have school and such, and people tend to forget that and get bored because features are not coming up and such, and if you knew how many times I've heard people getting bored at an eclipse game and saying "I could make a better game than this in 1 week" you'd laugh a lot, I just happened to heard that the other day XD)
>! Ohh and eclipse engine based games are games like any other (well... sort of :P), they will have haters who will try to bring the game apart any chance they get either by criticizing the game (and I don't mean saying "They should do better on that point, and maybe work more on that part", it's literally saying very bad words that most of the time don't even make any sense [typical hater]) on other forums and such (sometimes even in the game's forum), and btw you can't say you dislike something if you never tried it right ? 'Trying' is a very important part of life.
>! PS: Sorry for the long post, hope you have a nice day and find this 'good eclipse project' you are searching for  :)

Pokemon Rumble Online was the second best game on eclipse member and content wise, PMD mmorpg until the admin team fell apart. So me and Kibbelz(Both admins) decided to branch off and start over with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Online.

I think we had over 50 beta testers, and players were online each day we had the game up, things got complicated time wise…less communication...then we took the game down, some staff started getting in-active etc.

Edit: Just to avoid anything later when I use the words best I do this according to statistics so far as player base, how active the game was or is, how much content was added.

> I doubt that there's a **_decent_** finished game on here. Nin Online, Chaoscraft, Skywardens, and maybe Ambardia and Labyrinth Hearts show promise though!

Then you shouldn't also have put Skywardens in the middle of such 'good' eclipse titles… Just saying... Your game doesn't YET (I still wait to see your game succeed) scratch Everember's development state. This being said, don't say Everember shouldn't be in the list, when it has more qualifications for it than your game at this current moment. Have a nice day  :)

[Gates of Endar](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129252-gates-of-endar-alpha/) will be a good eclipse game once it's finished. Two years ago (when it was called Escalon) we had a great turn out for players after we went live, and the feedback was positive. Since then the game has evolved both visually and mechanics wise. To date we've created close to 100 maps with a decent amount of content, and will soon complete the first of many provinces. Beta phase will begin on or about April 1st. Til then, you'll just have to wait for this awesome game.  :P

> [Gates of Endar](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/129252-gates-of-endar-alpha/) will be a good eclipse game once it's finished. Two years ago (when it was called Escalon) we had a great turn out for players after we went live, and the feedback was positive. Since then the game has evolved both visually and mechanics wise. To date we've created close to 100 maps with a decent amount of content, and will soon complete the first of many provinces. Beta phase will begin on or about April 1st. Til then, you'll just have to wait for this awesome game.  :P

Love the 8-bit oldschool rpg feel your game has, best of luck with your game  :)

> ,…,<>" data-cid="919064" data-time="1393343567">
>
> Then you shouldn't also have put Skywardens in the middle of such 'good' eclipse titles... Just saying... Your game doesn't YET (I still wait to see your game succeed) scratch Everember's development state. This being said, don't say Everember shouldn't be in the list, when it has more qualifications for it than your game at this current moment. Have a nice day  :)

I said your game has potential (which it does) and the Skywardens and several others show promise, because I know it to be true. EE has little to no organization and that is why I said it's not the best option….

Don't put words in my mouth. (so to speak)

> So no consensus on which eclipse games are the best? Has anyone created an mmo from start to finish on this forum?

This isn't 2000, we're in 2014 making your own engine from scratch is old school and a waste of effort for the most part (learning experience only). Most people just want to try to make a MMO and experience it for themselves, besides there are so many good bases out like [Unity](http://unity3d.com/), [Netgore](http://www.netgore.com/), and soon [Construct 2](https://www.scirra.com/).

[Nin Online](http://ninonline.org) and [Silverdale](http://silverdaleorpg.com/forum/portal.php).

What I was wondering is if there was anybody on this forum who has led the design of a game using one of those engines. It seems like a lot of projects get scrapped half way through and I may need someone with experience to help me so I don't run into the same issues.