Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anasky's Services

anasky

Hello everyone,

Me, Anasky, has decided to start selling features usefull for the most SERIOUS! games.
The systems are thought of by me and Azure, the coding is done by me, and the GFX is done by Azure.

This post will be updated reguraly with new features.

Ok, to show this isn't a joke, we'll start off with a Night system which is way less laggy.

20 US dollar: –2 left--
-Basic GFX
-No Fringe3 added to blit the night on
-No Fades between the nights
-Standard time placed
-Dawn, Day, Dusk and Night

30 US dollar: --2 left--
-Full GFX
-No Fringe3 added to blit the night on
-Fades between the nights
-Personal times added

35 US dollar: --2 left--
-Full GFX
-Fringe3 added to blit the night on
-Fades between the nights
-Personal times added

An example of the 35 dollar system:
[![](http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/gingitsunekerii/Origins%20Screens/th_Screenshot_5-1.jpg)](http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/gingitsunekerii/Origins%20Screens/?action=view¤t=53e5f235.pbw)

Only way of payment: PayPal. It will go through a donation button with your note in it:
Eclipse Name, System, Price.

P.S.: Not sure if this is in the right section. If not, could someone please contact me where to place it (prefer not a move).

His system uses a custom lighting tile set, that I made for the most part. I'm not partial to every game looking exactly like mine, so that is what he and I agreed on. If people want to be cheap they can spend an hour finding the best shades to use like I did.

Edited, just for robin.

Or spend a year learning to port things over to dx8, which supports true alpha blending.

Most overpriced piece of shit I've seen in my life.

All you've done is a pin pricked 32x32 tile which you've just dumped over the map. Charging $35 for that is stupid.

If you want to make some money from game development, good for you, but get something worth selling first.

-Robin, I'd reply but I'm still waiting on Eclipse Origins; or Essence for that matter. Maybe you should actually finish an engine, and implement dx8 in it before you come to rain on Anasky's parade.  :icon_nif:

- Anasky why did you leave this here anyways? You have the same thread in the correct section. <_<

"Maybe you should actually finish an engine…" I couldn't call his DX8 version a finished product. Also please refer to the edit of the post from above.
"Or spend a year learning to port things over to dx8, which supports true alpha blending."

Which edit @ "Or spend a year learning to port things over to dx8, which supports true alpha blending

All you get is a 32x32 tile and a copy of the fringe layer, really its worth $35, NOT

@[SB:

> Azure link=topic=53825.msg572129#msg572129 date=1257676271]
> -Robin, I'd reply but I'm still waiting on Eclipse Origins; or Essence for that matter. Maybe you should actually finish an engine, and implement dx8 in it before you come to rain on Anasky's parade.

What's this got to do with DX8? All he has got is a small BMP file which is dumped over the map. Anyone could do it. Charging $35 for it is ridiculous.

Maybe you should actually read my post before trying to take a jab at me. Whether I release something or not for the masses has nothing to do with my programming skills.

I've decided that it's best just not to continue the discussion. Robin you are only here to troll and flame, and I assume T-ipsta is too. His system does more than what you describe, and since I'm using it I should know. I did not pay 35$ for it either.

I did inform Anasky that this wouldn't sell, and even named Robin specifically when he asked why I thought he shouldn't post it. Either way it goes there is no reason to argue.

- Tyr One would hope he would or why post anything about Wind's Nocturne, or EO at all?

Edit: missed a cap on Robin's name.

@[SB:

> Azure link=topic=53825.msg572144#msg572144 date=1257679560]
> I've decided that it's best just not to continue the discussion. Robin you are only here to troll and flame, and I assume T-ipsta is too. His system does more than what you describe, and since I'm using it I should know. I did not pay 35$ for it either.
>
> I did inform Anasky that this wouldn't sell, and even named Robin specifically when he asked why I thought he shouldn't post it. Either way it goes there is no reason to argue.
>
> - Tyr One would hope he would or why post anything about Wind's Nocturne, or EO at all?
>
> Edit: missed a cap on Robin's name.

There's a difference between flaming and explaining why something is useless.

If you're going to be overly sensitive towards anything, don't bother posting.

This is the most laughable thing i've seen on Eclipse since I first came here! Thanks!

Oh, also, nobody is going to take on the deal after reading what peoples' comments are on it, if they were even considering it… You seem to be forgetting that most of the members are people who are still at school, or moreso, too young to get a job.

Also, why would you want people to buy this off of you? Why don't you just make a tutorial for it, and get patted on the back for it? I've seen people make money from donations from a mass of good tutorials, than selling the one.

I know it's a big high-priced, Tyr.
I also know this probably would sell.
I am however, the only person actually allowing people to get rid of the night lag without getting rid of the night.

If you don't like it, post your comment and leave it with that. If you are interested, feel free to ask me some things.

@Azkanan: Because I agreed with Azure about it. And besides from that, I wouldn't do it either. I do make tutorials sometimes, but they aren't complete systems. If you think this is laughable, how about you try to make it? I'm giving the opportunity for people to buy it. If you want it for free, you better either make it yourself, or ask someone else.

@Anasky:

> I know it's a big high-priced, Tyr.
> I also know this probably would sell.
> I am however, the only person actually allowing people to get rid of the night lag without getting rid of the night.
>
> If you don't like it, post your comment and leave it with that. If you are interested, feel free to ask me some things.
>
> @Azkanan: Because I agreed with Azure about it. And besides from that, I wouldn't do it either. I do make tutorials sometimes, but they aren't complete systems. If you think this is laughable, how about you try to make it? I'm giving the opportunity for people to buy it. If you want it for free, you better either make it yourself, or ask someone else.

The lag is nothing to do with the system, it's to do with Eclipse as a whole.

The night system locks the DC, does it's processing, then unlocks the DC.

That's not 'laggy'. Anything you add to a system will slow it down. The only reason people seem to think it's laggy is because all the other shit is causing it to run slowly, and the night system takes it over the edge.

Basically, you don't need to change the night system, you just need to sort out the rest of the crap.

Here's the same code Eclipse uses, but with all the other crap removed.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/ga.png)

This is stupid.

You're trying to make money off of Open Source Community.
And most of the members here doesn't even have Paypal or Money!
Do you expect a 13 years old with a credit card and paypal? (Exclude me though, I have Paypal Student Account linked from my dad)

The system do look better than the original but think about this.

Robin's Eclipse Origin will be release soon and I'm guessing it have DX8\. Alpha Blending = Included.
Solar Eclipse will probably also have Alpha Blending.

And…seriously...making money off of Open Source Community?
Open Source Software is built up by the community members contributing to the software.
Open Source meant to be free. Totally Free. There shouldn't be any Paid for upgrade. The only source of income should be donation.

EDIT : I just notice...it's in a Tutorials/Snippets section. And sorry if it seem I try to start a flame war but I joined many open source community because of one reason only. Everyone volunteer to work rather than trying to make money.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Dang!

Well if it were me, I would just release it and not charge anything.

Any feature that I add to my game will be release to the public.
Heck, after a few months, I would even release the source of my game.

If I want to make a game that is different from everyone else and make it really good, I would start from scratch or start with a bse engine like Mirage.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Robin: how can we see if the crap is removed out of eclipse, if you just showed us the map?
We all know you're a one-of-a-time-coder, but not everybody is that good…

@Rithy: I don't expect teenagers to have paypal. But if they want to buy my system, they'll find a way. If not, then there's no issue.

You named 2 engines coming up, but since they're not here yet, I'm just going to go on with my life. I'm saving up for a car and driving license once I turn 18, and in comparison to that, 35 dollar isn't allot.

If I would charge 5$ per hour, it would easily rise above the 35 dollar. And 5$ per hour isn't what a grown-up coder gets paid, which is allot higher.

@Anasky:

> @Robin: how can we see if the crap is removed out of eclipse, if you just showed us the map?
> We all know you're a one-of-a-time-coder, but not everybody is that good…
>
> @Rithy: I don't expect teenagers to have paypal. But if they want to buy my system, they'll find a way. If not, then there's no issue.
>
> You named 2 engines coming up, but since they're not here yet, I'm just going to go on with my life. I'm saving up for a car and driving license once I turn 18, and in comparison to that, 35 dollar isn't allot.
>
> If I would charge 5$ per hour, it would easily rise above the 35 dollar. And 5$ per hour isn't what a grown-up coder gets paid, which is allot higher.

You're not working hourly, though. You're selling pre-made features.

Besides, if you were a 'grown up programmer', you'd have this feature done in 20 minutes or so, not 7 hours.

I see. I understand what you mean.

My point is that you are a great coder and all but making money off of Open Source Community just irritate me.
I think you can do better than this. Since you are a good coder, you should try to find something else that will pay.

I am saving up money, too. What I did is offer web hosting and set it up. I own dedicated servers and I use them for hosting. I design very simple websites for personal use and I set it up, set up the domain, everything that is need to have the website up. I basically help people that have no clue how to get a website running. I offer a complete Static Website up in 10 days for $50 and Dynamic Website up in 30 days for $200(obviously, I try to scare away customer but need it to make it look good). And after, I offer to run and maintain the site for 10$/month. I advertise in my neighborhood and well I made enough money to pay half the money I spend on the server. If you think about it, 10$/month is more than most personal web hosting company offer and yet, I manage to get 3 customer.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
lol I typed too much.

Hmm, my opinion:
->You are allowed to sell your stuff at any price you want. Failing to sell that would be the sellers problem.

So why discourse? I support Anasky in keeping his price, unless he feels the need to decrease.

7 hours or 20 minutes should not make a difference on the price. You are either a pro or not, but a slow or fast job should not determinate if the job is well done or not.

Price = Quality and amount.

Edit:
@Rithy58: Hi there ^^. Btw, I saw other people here on the forum selling stuff, I could too, I just don't because I hate selling stuff. You should be angry IF the source of eclipse was being sold, not other GFX and stuff like that ;)

Comments,

Ahh, that is true.
GFX, Sound, Music and all those that are not made by Eclipse can be sell without getting me mad.
But selling engine upgrade or selling the source really irritate me.

Sincerely,
Rithy

EDIT : Congratulation to Anasky for starting a very active topic. It make the community look more alive. =]
And you can do whatever you want and you don't have to listen to other people opinion. Just think for yourself.
Would you make money? In this world, there are many ways of making money. Especially with computer because many people don't know how computer work and you can use that as advantage. You can make something that is really simple look hard and the customer will agree to pay a lot because they thought it's hard to do.