Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, ect.

Keebler Elf

So i was researching ways to protect the work that i do, and i kept coming across the same issue. They want you to pay to protect something you made, or thought of. This doesent seem right. Also i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to legally protect your work for free. Because if their isn't a way their should be.

Regardless, stealing is stealing, whether or not you've got a copyright, trademark, patent, etc. These are the only things that stand up in court, but they are not the only way that a file is safe. The best free way to protect your work is to back up your work. If you retain a copy of the original with the original date created information, that can prove you were the first to make it. Also, keeping a WIP of the image could help. If someone tried to pass off a work as theirs, and you produce 10 WIP images, their facade is done for. If you've got all this intact, you won't have to worry. If you've seen any old threads on plagiarism here, the communities involved rip the offenders apart.