Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you look for in a game.

SHADERS

hey there. im trying to make a game but i dont have any ideas. im awsome at mapping (so im told :lipsrsealed:) but i dont know what type of game it should be.  :icon_crap:

so anyways. please reply of what you would like to see in a eclipse game and how to make it unique.
there are no wrong answers.

i dont really want to do a fan based game right now cause they are hard to do. so

any suggestions?

I would particular like to see a 2d mmorpg that focuses less on fantasy, and more on a large, realistic world.

Design your world carefully, make players feel the world they live in. From politics to war, from climate to the landscape, I would like to see a very open and fun world to explore. What so many games lack is a world with limited restrictions. Just because I'm a low level character, doesn't mean I should be restricted to only a few dozen maps. The entire world shouldn't be full of danger. Main roads and particular places should have little to no danger.

A lot of patience will be required to make a large world, I hate it when people make the climate change completely within 10 maps, and then again.

Secondly, It would be nice to keep an eye on the fantasy. Now, I'm not saying to ditch magic and demons, what I'm saying is I would like to see standard weapons such as 'Greatsword, dagger, flameberge, waraxe, mace' and such, instead of a massive variety of strangely named and enchanted weapons. Aside from that, I don't want to get attacked nor have to fight stupid shit like rabbits, birds, and snakes. Just because I'm level one doesn't mean I should be able to be killed by a bird, and just because I'm level 50 should mean I can tank a demon. Make it rely on tactics and strategy at least somewhat.

@Kreator:

> I would particular like to see a 2d mmorpg that focuses less on fantasy, and more on a large, realistic world.
>
> Design your world carefully, make players feel the world they live in. From politics to war, from climate to the landscape, I would like to see a very open and fun world to explore. What so many games lack is a world with limited restrictions. Just because I'm a low level character, doesn't mean I should be restricted to only a few dozen maps. The entire world shouldn't be full of danger. Main roads and particular places should have little to no danger.
>
> A lot of patience will be required to make a large world, I hate it when people make the climate change completely within 10 maps, and then again.
>
> Secondly, It would be nice to keep an eye on the fantasy. Now, I'm not saying to ditch magic and demons, what I'm saying is I would like to see standard weapons such as 'Greatsword, dagger, flameberge, waraxe, mace' and such, instead of a massive variety of strangely named and enchanted weapons. Aside from that, I don't want to get attacked nor have to fight stupid shit like rabbits, birds, and snakes. Just because I'm level one doesn't mean I should be ab.

Somewhat on Kreator.

I want a game, that dosent have the stupid fantasy realms, and SUPERFIREWIZARRDZ!!!one!!eleven!! A-and MACE-MELEEH-KNAGHTZ.

A game different. Shooters are always nice, PVP games are great, but a game that requires skill and planning + Shooter, is the best.

That or chuck norris.

Gamers don't know what they want. Just make whatever _you'll_ be interested in, and that way it'll be easier to do it _well_. Be thorough. Don't leave any holes. Make it immersive. Make the GUI and the graphics look good and cohesive. Be professional. Be innovative.

My two cents.

Kreator and Monkey sound like they want MyWorld / Project World…

But, I don't know what I like, but I know what I hate - restrictions. If it has a restriction in it without a damn good scientific reason, you lose Kudo points with me.
Same goes for unthought-out plans of what the world is like… For example, A meteor hitting the earth in 2020, leaving 60% of the planet gone, but people are still living and breathing as if nothing happened - stupid!

@Kreator:

> @[BS:
>
> > Pickle link=topic=55258.msg584988#msg584988 date=1260642164]
> > Gamers don't know what they want.
>
> Biased opinion. I'm a gamer and I know what I want.
>
> I want you to make me a cheeseburger

There you go, trying to start fights again! See, _this_ is why we never worked as a couple!

In a game I look for many things.

The main thing is.

Is it interesting? - Like, what's the gameplay like, storyline and playability?

Will it have lots of quests and lots to do? But not just lots of boring stuff all the same, more like different things like hunt, craft, build a house, sail and other stuff.

But having alot of concept in a game, needs a guide or a log. So also is there a fully up-to-date log on whats what? where to go? what to do?

Most games lack this.

Playability and stability?

Is the game playable, hence no lagg?

is the server going to be up 24-7? With hardly any downtimes?

if there is downtimes? Whos going to be working on it? is there backups?

will i loose my character?

will the game be there in 10 years?

will there be rich kids owning on the game cause they donated? - That ruins a game.

Although, whats keeping the servers going? - Id rather pay to play for a good game than having a biosed donation system.

it has to be out of this world, like, there's nothing fun about reliving life, it has to be different, i love fantasy. and good storylines.

for a good game it needs to be constantly updated, gm events, but not overpowered items, needs to be balanced, not too easy? not too hard?…

not too many gaps between levels, and new items?

and also need something to aim for? - its what keeps u going?

as in, im level 100, what next? Apart from mindless leveling?

well at level 150 you can wear a new armour? - no good. what do i do before then?

Okay at level 105 i can wear this armour! woop! great, and wearing that armour will give me enough defense to hunt a new monster, which will level me faster, and it drops a new rare material used which i need to make my boat?!

see where its getting?

you need something different, new! and exciting! and keep the excitement going and dont let it die!

Is it hard to do?

YES! thats why i cant find a mmorpg to last me :)

A game with two classes shoppers, and snipers, the snipers start out on top of wal-mart, and shoot down the shoppers in the parking lot….. j/k j/k..... that would be kind of funny in a game kind of way.... not a real life situation kind of way........ I hope this doesnt give anyone any ideas........