Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[3D]Shambala

coolmagicdude2

![](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/img/banner.png)
ANNOUNCEMENT
I am happy to see that the site has doubled in visits. Still very low tough. Please remember that we are still looking for a musician and a developer, you may apply in the [Help Wanted](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/help.php) page.

So much has occurred since the last update almost a whole month ago. We once more had to restart the whole world as it was lagging a lot, we had to find a new approach to modeling with low memory cost. After a lot of trial and error we finally figured a technique that was both quicker, and used less memory. Our graphics has also changed, and although the download size increased dramatically i assure you that you will love the new graphics. Images will be in the [Media](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/media.php) page, or download the newest preview and see first hand.

So even tough it might look like we havn't done anything(as we still only have the island of Tallistar [half]modeled), let me assure you that we have been hard at work with many updates.

So come get your copy of the newest version:
[Pre-Alpha 0.3.1](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/download.php)

Introduction
This is a 3D game made using Blender GE 4.9\. The game is centered around a steampunk-ish/natural world. We are really trying not to make a medieval setting as that has been immensely over used by many amateur game developers such as I. We are planning on having the first Beta ready for deployment by the end of 2010, but the end of the year is coming at an amazing speed so we are not sure we will be able to get it done by then, nevertheless we will be posting updates for the game quite often so you can all see our progress.

Storyline
**This might be changed as the game has changed.**

For years the demons have stayed to their underworld realm, peace reigned over Shamballa. An era of renaissance was upon the great eastern world. The western world was as calm and beautiful as ever. But now, after 1millennia the demons have finally emerged from their hole. The once peaceful world of Shamballa is now at war, and the demons will do anything to destroy the great world. As the humans stray from the path of holiness they become vulnerable. But their advanced weapons and machinery keep them in the fight. The once abundant Foxen are dying, disease and hunger are falling upon them. But their advanced medicine and age old wisdom will keep them, as well, in the fight. The Elves an ancient race of noble creatures, which would never harm anything and hold every living thing sacred, are seeing themselves be forced into the war. As the demons seek the destruction of all the Elves, protectors of nature, have amounted force against these retched beast. The demons, with horns forged from hate and wearing an armor of evil, are doing everything they can to unbalance the world. Led by the great Beelzebub the demons have no motive but to be evil. They feed form despair, and enjoy seeing pain. So evil that even the Elves do not recognize them as living things. A time of war has come.

Characters
These will DEFENETALLY be changed. Be patient as our imagniation department(Yes we have one) thinks up of a new character system that will not be affected by our sudden move from MMO to RPG

* Humans
Humans are a young, ignorant, and too proud race. But they are highly adaptive, and are easy to accept new ideas. They are versatile and can live in many places, although they are imperfect, more than the other races. They have not mastered the use of magic but can use it. Their forte, however, is technology. Humans have come up with many architectural designs and have many weapons of war to help them defeat the hordes of enemies. Humans have a bumpy relationship with Elves because of this technology, which the Elves claim is slowly destroying their sacred natural world. They are a lot like Foxen and often live close to them and protect each others, tough friendship is accepted, and equality is established between these 2 races inter-racial marriage or breeding is frowned upon by many, both human and Foxen, but is not disallowed. The humans are said to be descendants of the great god Potestas. Although some humans are highly religious and accept this as their truth some seek scientific answers and have found proof that the man actually descends from the ape. This makes the Elves uneasy since they are said to be the children of Patre the titan, father of Potestas. Although many human villages have spread around the whole world their biggest city is the great city of Gilead or Galtatas in the old tongue. The first humans are said to have first appeared more than 1200 years ago. They were first taken in by the Elves, but were later drawn towards the Foxen for their similar ideals. It is since then that the Foxen and the human are partners.
* Foxen
The Foxen are an ancient race of foxes. Born from the goddess of hunt Arthemis the Foxen are ruthless hunters are tricksters, physically fit, and often smart and impulsive. They are characterized by their close appearance to foxes, which are, according to the old tale, outcast of the eldest Foxen thrive. They forgot slowly how to be civilized and became animals. The Foxen believe in equality and democratic methods. They share the Elves’ love for nature but the natural curiosity for science of the humans. The Foxen often times are found inside of Human cities, but they mostly live in forest. The humans are thankful to the Foxen for helping them live trough their early days so they often times give presents to the Foxen to make their hunt easier, guns and such. The biggest Foxen establishment is the great city of Faar which is an amazing mixture of naturalism and technology. The Foxen were said to have appeared more than 30,000 years ago, their history is unclear as the Foxen believe in looking at the future and not the past.
* Elves
The most noble of the races, the Elves believe that all life, no matter how insignificant, is precious. The Elves are reluctant to kill even the smallest blade of grass. The Elves can control nature. They can control plants and trees to their liking but only do when it is absolutely necessary. They do not believe in offensive moves, and are careful not to hurt the enemy on their defensive moves. But this does not make them weak. They are after all the children of Patre, and brothers of Potestas, there for making them gods upon the earth. The Elves feed upon the energy of the world known as Mana, or Que-es in the old tongue. This mana, or Que-es, gives them great magical power, making them the strongest of the races. They, however, do not use their power to control, but to help. If it was not for the Elves the other races would have ceased to exist long ago. They do not admit this because of their great humbleness. The Elves live in the densest forest of the world. Their greatest establishment is the grand city fortress of Tallistar. The only way to go into this city is with the invitation of an elf. Their race is said to have existed for 2million years.
* Demons
The ruthless race of savages controlled by a single minded and powerful ex-angel known as Beelzebub His only goal is the destruction of all. The demons enjoy bloodshed and feast on the souls of the dead. They are the sworn enemies of the Elves, the Foxen, and the foolish Humans. The demons live in the Underworld or Terra Sang in old tongue. Where the sun does not dare shine and the moon will never be seen in. It is unclear how many demons there are but there is a vast army of them. Unlike any anyone has ever laid eyes upon. The Demons are as old as Potestas but have only been on earth as long as the Elves.

Website
[Shambala 3D](http://darksunlight.com/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/)
Some things need remaking in the website, but it is functional so far.

Help Wanted
Right now we are in need for a musician and a developer. The position for programmer has been filled. Please visit the "Help wanted" page for more information.
[Help Wanted Website](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/help.php)

Media
Here is a mix of concept art and screenshots. A video will be made once I am done mapping the main world.

* **This is a shot of the engine**![](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/img/sc7.jpg)
* **Some mountains**
![](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/img/sc5.jpg)
* **Main menu**
![](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/img/sc8.jpg)
* **Game playing, with "Alphy the Eye" as a character**.
![](http://www.darksunlight.com/webhosting/newrevo/htdocs/shambala/img/sc10.jpg)

More stuff soon. Yes I know these look very crappy and crude, but keep in mind that they are only concept art, small sketches to keep my brain rolling over new ideas.

Pre-Alpha Preview 0.3.1

New Graphics system and less load on the memory, hope you enjoy, i've worked really hard for this.
[Download here | File size: 17.5mb | File type: .Zip | Host: Mediafire](http://www.mediafire.com/?juibltnygfz)

Please criticize.

@Hawke:

> Is this slightly based off Full Metal Alchemist by any chance?

Hmm, i see why you would think that, but no. Shamballa is the promised land, El dorado, City of gods, Hyperborea, Garden of Eden, or what ever else you might call it.

In FMA the nazis called Ametris "Shamballa" because to them that was a promised land that would grant anyone who lived there unlimited power or something like that. But every culture has their own version of shamballa and what it is. I simply used it the world that i am creating is not a version of earth, but a whole notha' thing. If you go to the website and look at the names of the cities you will see that each one of them is named after a hidden(no human can see it) city in diferent cultures or religions. I do this because i think things like that are interesting xD.

@Coolmagicdude2:

> Yea i have, but i am not really good at making graphics xD
> Plus i cannot think of  color, shape, or design of them.

you could use the same bgyou got and just use the same font you did in the banner, i would look alot better than the deflut text
sorry web design class has turned me into a huge critic on website design

@[BS:

> westin444 link=topic=55927.msg594014#msg594014 date=1262340557]
> you must've worked quite a bit on that storyline and class description…..

Sarcasm? Lol, cause actually i worked on it for 2 days which to me is impressive because i never work on anything more than 4 hours. But im serious about this game.

@Coolmagicdude2:

> @Hawke:
>
> > Is this slightly based off Full Metal Alchemist by any chance?
>
> Hmm, i see why you would think that, but no. Shamballa is the promised land, El dorado, City of gods, Hyperborea, Garden of Eden, or what ever else you might call it.
>
> In FMA the nazis called Ametris "Shamballa" because to them that was a promised land that would grant anyone who lived there unlimited power or something like that. But every culture has their own version of shamballa and what it is. I simply used it the world that i am creating is not a version of earth, but a whole notha' thing. If you go to the website and look at the names of the cities you will see that each one of them is named after a hidden(no human can see it) city in diferent cultures or religions. I do this because i think things like that are interesting xD.

Good post, good luck with your game and tell me if you ever need anything.

@Kinjiru:

> @Coolmagicdude2:
>
> > Yea i have, but i am not really good at making graphics xD
> > Plus i cannot think of  color, shape, or design of them.
>
> you could use the same bgyou got and just use the same font you did in the banner, i would look alot better than the deflut text
> sorry web design class has turned me into a huge critic on website design

you could alsays just turn your site into and smf fourm, thats what i did
its easy to get a good looking site, you just got to find a good looking theme
heres mine
http://theworldr2forums.x10hosting.com/index.php

Nice, but i kinda don't want a forum as the main site, i will make a forum but i don't think a forum should be the main site since it makes it harder for people to find official content such as storyline and downloads and such.
Thanks tough i kinda have some buttons made so ill update it today.

@Coolmagicdude2:

> Nice, but i kinda don't want a forum as the main site, i will make a forum but i don't think a forum should be the main site since it makes it harder for people to find official content such as storyline and downloads and such.
> Thanks tough i kinda have some buttons made so ill update it today.

yeah true, im building a website from scratch for all that info and stuff

• 1 month later...