Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 servers

teh jimpie

@Godlord:

> It's not recommended though. It's virtually the same as having just one server, perhaps even worse. Unless you're of course using two separate machines to get the job done.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Yet it could be useful, if one server goes down, the game is still up.

@Monkey:

> @Godlord:
>
> > It's not recommended though. It's virtually the same as having just one server, perhaps even worse. Unless you're of course using two separate machines to get the job done.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Godlord.
>
> Yet it could be useful, if one server goes down, the game is still up.

If one server goes down, the other will usually too, if it's on the same machine. That would only be useful when there are bugs, and if there are, it will not take that long before the other server application crashes as well.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> @Monkey:
>
> > @Godlord:
> >
> > > It's not recommended though. It's virtually the same as having just one server, perhaps even worse. Unless you're of course using two separate machines to get the job done.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >   Godlord.
> >
> > Yet it could be useful, if one server goes down, the game is still up.
>
> If one server goes down, the other will usually too, if it's on the same machine. That would only be useful when there are bugs, and if there are, it will not take that long before the other server application crashes as well.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Yet if they are on different machines…..WIN

How about a system like this
When a Server is turned on it sends a signal to the Main database stating that it is online.
The Client sends info to a Main database and gets the server list
The Client then connects to a server from the list
The Server gets account info from the main database

Servers can be turned on from anywhere(different ips possible)
Main database is always at one ip
This makes it possible for you to switch servers XD

*Mumbling done*

@Draothgorin:

> How about a system like this
> When a Server is turned on it sends a signal to the Main database stating that it is online.
> The Client sends info to a Main database and gets the server list
> The Client then connects to a server from the list
> The Server gets account info from the main database
>
> Servers can be turned on from anywhere(different ips possible)
> Main database is always at one ip
> This makes it possible for you to switch servers XD
>
> *Mumbling done*

And, how would you make something like that?  XD

Sry but i dont agree with godlord. ive been runnin 2 servers for a long time and it works like a charm. they both same ip but different port (same machine too) and it works fine and ive had one crash b4 and the other stayed up. now im using Eclipse Stable and it never crashes the server but just saying that it works. if it doesnt work for u, ur not port forwarding right. this is how i portforward mine to work:
![](http://i47.tinypic.com/10q9vmf.jpg)
EDIT: btw, "Les Deux" means "Both" and it refers to the UCP/TCP or w/e shit.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. fail.

@Greendude120:

> Sry but i dont agree with godlord. ive been runnin 2 servers for a long time and it works like a charm. they both same ip but different port (same machine too) and it works fine and ive had one crash b4 and the other stayed up. now im using Eclipse Stable and it never crashes the server but just saying that it works. if it doesnt work for u, ur not port forwarding right. this is how i portforward mine to work:
> ![](http://i47.tinypic.com/10q9vmf.jpg)
> EDIT: btw, "Les Deux" means "Both" and it refers to the UCP/TCP or w/e shit.
>
> Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. fail.

You could have just put Port 4000-4001 and it will port forward both lol.
Don't have you waste your line since they're both pointing to the same computer.

@Greendude120:

> Sry but i dont agree with godlord. ive been runnin 2 servers for a long time and it works like a charm. they both same ip but different port (same machine too) and it works fine and ive had one crash b4 and the other stayed up. now im using Eclipse Stable and it never crashes the server but just saying that it works. if it doesnt work for u, ur not port forwarding right. this is how i portforward mine to work:
> ![](http://i47.tinypic.com/10q9vmf.jpg)
> EDIT: btw, "Les Deux" means "Both" and it refers to the UCP/TCP or w/e shit.
>
> Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. fail.

It works like a charm if you don't have a lot of resource management/connections to handle. Lrn2serverhosting is all what I can recommend. Look at Eclipse, it fails to run mysqld, httpd and ftpd properly on one machine.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Greendude120:

> @Rithy58:
>
> > You could have just put Port 4000-4001 and it will port forward both lol.
> > Don't have you waste your line since they're both pointing to the same computer.
>
> nope XD i tried already. dunno why but my router only takes this thing

Because your manufacturer didn't know how to/want to support ranges.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@teh:

> So what is the best way to dO this? I mean making 2 worlds with using the same account.
>
> @godlorD: I'm on my iPod; I Think that says enough :P

Would require some VB6 coding a.k.a. make some of the data shared between the servers via MySQL or something.

Regards,
  Godlord.

Well, then i leave it for shag is is NOS, I will add this after the other things are done then.

Lol @ shag is is nos; autogrammer from my iPod bEcause the langlauge was in Dutch. But it should be: I will leave this for now then, I'll do that after the most things of my game are done

Just throwing ideas here..
What if you just open 2 of the Server.exe that is in the same directory?

The second one should take the next port after the one set in Data.ini, right?

If it doesn't, then yeah. Just code a Server2.exe that use data2.ini.

I think if they're in the same directory, they would use the same data(accounts, maps, items and other)

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Rithy58:

> Just throwing ideas here..
> What if you just open 2 of the Server.exe that is in the same directory?
>
> The second one should take the next port after the one set in Data.ini, right?
>
> If it doesn't, then yeah. Just code a Server2.exe that use data2.ini.
>
> I think if they're in the same directory, they would use the same data(accounts, maps, items and other)
>
> Sincerely,
> Rithy

You'd have a lot of concurrency and synchronisation issues.

Regards,
  Godlord.