> Stat1=Strength
> Stat2=Defense
> Stat3=Speed
> Stat4=Magic
> SPAttack=0
> SPRunning=0
> Walkfix=0

Few questions that I have about stats:

I know strength gives hp (without changing default stats), but does it also affect how hard you hit with a weapon?

Same about magic, by default it gives mp, but does it affect how hard your spells hit?

With speed, is it how fast you swing your weapon, or how fast your character moves?

What is SPrunning and SPattack? My guess would be it uses speed to attack and/or run, but I would like confirmation on that.

And if I remember right, defence should reduce how hard you get hit?

If I were to add/change some stats, would I need to source using VB6?

Thanks in advance for the help…

Also, what is the WalkFix thing?

I think damage done is Weapon damage + str/2 - def/2
Something like that. i know str is divided by two somewhere in that equation (or far as I remember at least)

Speed is not really used except in weapon and armour requirments, or for any scripting purposes. It used to affect how much stamina your char had, I think they removed stamina however (it sucked anyways)

For any addition or removal of stats, yes, you'd need VB6

Yeah, walkfix uses all 3 of the directions sprites for walking instead of just the first 2\. So that means if ur using the 3rd sprite for a special attack sprite then.. odds are that it's gonna look a bit awkward if you use walkfix.

@SillyFace:

> Yeah, walkfix uses all 3 of the directions sprites for walking instead of just the first 2\. So that means if ur using the 3rd sprite for a special attack sprite then.. odds are that it's gonna look a bit awkward if you use walkfix.

This is correct.
I usually use the third frame as the attack frame (it's useful for paperdoll, like if the person is swinging his sword, or a punching stance, etc).
Reversing the 2nd and 3rd sprite will also fix this walking problem, as the walking system cycles between the first two sprites (or use wallfix).

Half your strength, rounded down, is added to your damage output.

Half your defense, rounded down, is subtracted from damage you take.

One fourth your magic, rounded down, is added to spell damage.

Speed, in general, is just used to determine SP. SPAttack and SPRunning determine whether or not you use up stamina when running or attacking.

Most stats can have things altered about them, but to change things significantly, you would need to edit the source, yes.