Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First attempt at text-based logo

MoonLight

Ok well This is my first attempt at making a text based logo, It just says: MoonLight I made it, I don't think there is a font out there like it as to proof I did not make it but if there is I am unaware of this just tell me how I did for a first try, and how I can make it better.

[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/9abba6bd0030695cfcbc17512d312fac.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#9abba6bd0030695cfcbc17512d312fac.png)

Ok it looks better on a white background because u can see the shadow behind it better  :P im working on doing photo shop tutorials i just bought it and wanted to test it out it has awesome filters :D AND YES I HAVE A LEGAL COPY!

I would have to rate this a 2/10\. While it does convey the concept of the name, it probably took about 2 seconds in Photoshop. Not only that, but that type is most likely just downloaded off of Dafont.com or one of the standards that comes with PhotoShop. Honestly, you need something to make it stand out. Put some effort into making a good logo before you start posting in the "Show Off" section. For example, add some depth to the lettering. Maybe add a moon behind it or something similar. Just, put a good deal of thought into a design and show it to us once that is finished.

Also, it doesn't matter if your copy is legal or illegal. No one cares. I use a copy for my PC that was self-condensed into a single .exe by a friend of mine, but I use a bought copy for my Macs. The reason being that I don't have the cash to buy a lisense for just one PC when I have about 7 Macs at my house.

- Adulese

@Rodriguez:

> I would have to rate this a 2/10\. While it does convey the concept of the name, it probably took about 2 seconds in Photoshop. Not only that, but that type is most likely just downloaded off of Dafont.com or one of the standards that comes with PhotoShop. Honestly, you need something to make it stand out. Put some effort into making a good logo before you start posting in the "Show Off" section. For example, add some depth to the lettering. Maybe add a moon behind it or something similar. Just, put a good deal of thought into a design and show it to us once that is finished.
>
> Also, it doesn't matter if your copy is legal or illegal. No one cares. I use a copy for my PC that was self-condensed into a single .exe by a friend of mine, but I use a bought copy for my Macs. The reason being that I don't have the cash to buy a lisense for just one PC when I have about 7 Macs at my house.
>
> - Adulese

Ok thanks for the advise

I agree with you Psi lol.

Logos is all about the design. The important stuff needs to the pop and the supporting details need to be well placed, well thought out, and extremely well executed.

A text with a drop shadow is not a logo. It's a word with a shadow.

And while Psi's is a big step up, it still could use vast improvement. The arrangement is just random. The colors are random. and the text has a random texture. But he's pointing you in the right direction. Just keep messing with photoshop and you'll learn some cool tidbits that will help make a great logo. Maybe even look up some logo designing tutorials.

I have to agree with most of these points above.

*Use a font that makes you stand out from the rest of the crowd.
*Make sure that font fits with the theme you are using it for.

Take my game for example:
![](http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9457/logosbh.png)
![](http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9944/picturefx.png)
The title fits the game style and the logo stands out.

But I have a few other tips that might help you.

*Color adds massive impact. Black is dull and we see it every day, use a color we normally wouldn't see but also still goes with the theme. Also be aware of what color the title will be on. This can make or break a well designed theme.
*Use supporting elements, like brackets at the end, a bar under the name, wedged between two bars or maybe even a bar set behind the name… It doesn't even have to be a bar! It could be a symbol like the moon.
*Use CAPS for titles or names unless you want them to be classy looking.

Good first attempt though. Can't expect everyone to be a typographer instantly.