Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Healthcare Bill Passed by U.S. Congress

Adulese Games

I'm truly torn in the middle. I cannot honestly decide if I am for, or against, the Bill. There are some good points and some bad ones (Mostly bad), but there really isn't a solution.

Some of you are thinking, "Yes there is, (Insert Country Here) has a great health system". But would that system work for a country with double/triple/etc. the amount of citizens? Now I live in the U.S. so I'm not completely aware of the Health Systems of other countries, but from what I hear of the Canadian System, you basically get free health care correct? Any visit to the hospital is covered? (Please correct me if I am way off)

It also could not have come at a worse time, the economy is at a point of no return honestly (Unless some DRASTIC changes are made) and many cannot afford this new plan. However, something that many people have not taken into account is that the entire bill, along with fines/penalties, do not go into effect for 4 years (correct me again if I'm wrong) and they have already made some amendments to the bill after it was passed. Four years is plenty of time for someone to read over the entire thing :P (Then again, I don't even believe we will survive that long until then  :icon_crap:)

~Guac

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the "Health care thing" nor do I like much of the path USA is taking.(But in about three years I'll be in the U.K.: D) But what can I do? I am only 17 and no one listens to a teenager, I have sent letters about things I have not liked(I bet they get put in one large trash can.) so anyways I think USA will be in the hands of China somewhere down the road.

S.T.H.

I totally agree with Tophat, however its not just 17 year olds, they don't listen to much that anyone says, unless you have money to "explain your opinion". The sad truth is, the world has come to a point where everything revolves around wealth and power. If we're not owned by China, we'll be owned by Goldman Sachs who have the money to buy the entire nation… Or we'll all die in a fiery WWIII lasting no longer than a few hours and consisting of nothing but nuclear bombs flying past each other. (Now I'm not emo, but I would prefer the WWIII ending to the power/wealth hungry a-holes running any nation, not necessarily my own.)

Honestly I think there's been so much negative media coverage that people won't trust the bill until the effects really hit. The media is the worst thing that could have ever happened to this bill. :D Also anyone see how the republicans have been responding?

@Guacamole:

> I totally agree with Tophat, however its not just 17 year olds, they don't listen to much that anyone says, unless you have money to "explain your opinion". The sad truth is, the world has come to a point where everything revolves around wealth and power. If we're not owned by China, we'll be owned by Goldman Sachs who have the money to buy the entire nation… Or we'll all die in a fiery WWIII lasting no longer than a few hours and consisting of nothing but nuclear bombs flying past each other. (Now I'm not emo, but I would prefer the WWIII ending to the power/wealth hungry a-holes running any nation, not necessarily my own.)

I would want the WWIII as well, or I'll move to a cave lol.