Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to make bigger maps

vitinho444

@vitinho444:

> hahaha nice, im pro in vb6 and vb2008 (now i use 2010 beta lol) well say me what i need to change

No you're not.

In Origins it's an inbuilt feature, simply go to the map properties and change the MaxX and MaxY values. You don't need to touch the source.

If you want to do it in other versions you're going to have to keep in mind that all of them have a horrible off-screen system, so if you make large maps they're going to slow down the game considerably, especially on older machines.

Thanks for all the help,
1- I use Eclipse Stable its ok?
2- When you say deleting all maps, its necessary? i work a week on them..
3- What version is the best?

observation: I use EE 2.7 but in lvl 2 it crash… now i have 1 char lvl 80 in ES and its cool (lvl 80 is the maximum in my game xD)

PS: For admins: Do you think its bad use "default tiles"? I dont know make my own and if i knew i never can draw spectacular tiles like thoose standard.

Thanks!

2\. Yes it is necessary, because changing the map style to scrolling makes it so the server can't use your existing maps. Working a week on maps is nothing, you should delete them and re-create them anyway, every game-maker should do that a few times.

About using default tiles, it depends. Technically you aren't supposed to use them, but they are very good graphics and with good mapping you can make really good gameworlds. You better have something fresh and custom in your game if you don't spend effort on the graphics!