Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Visual Basic Edition

Ryoky

So I bought Visual Basic 6.0 on eBay but do I need a special version to edit the Source and compile it ?
professional or other.
I bought the Beginner Version (on german is it "Einsteiger Edition", I translate it ^-^)

And sorry for my bad English… I'm at learning..

• 2 weeks later...
@vitinho444:

> why is ilegal??
>
> that is duminess because Visual basic 2010 is free and Visual Basic 2008 too… Why you cant have VB 6 free too!?

The free versions are the "Express" editions; you can't use them for commercial purposes; if you were to get Visual Studios 2010 Professional or Enterprise, you're going to be paying a lot of money, because you're also buying a licence to legality distribute the software you make.

Back 10 or so years ago when VB6 was out, Microsoft didn't have any "Express" editions for VB6.

@vitinho444:

> why is ilegal??
>
> that is duminess because Visual basic 2010 is free and Visual Basic 2008 too… Why you cant have VB 6 free too!?

Actually they aren't. The only free editions of Visual Studio are the Express Editions, which were only released for VS7 (a.k.a. VS2005) and later. I actually own VS2010 Professional Edition, which costs a shit load of money.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Admiral:

> Because it's illegal?
>
> Srsly, you can buy a legal version of VB6 for about $5 at a computer show or garage sale..

wtf ???
I payed 90 Euros for that on Ebay !!! O_O

Oh yeah, If i knew where its downloadable for free I hadn't bought it :0