Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Wishlist for 1.0.4

Zetasis

This is my wish list for EO 1.0.3 or what ever may be the next version of EO to be released.

1\. Summon NPC System: The way I would do it is make a spell type called Summon which would just load up a pre-maid NPC. This NPC, using the faction system, could have the type of attack on sight with a faction set to Summon which of course would attack all the other opposing factions. Of course once the player left the map it could either load with the player on a new map or just disappear. Seeing how maps are dynamic I don't see why it would have to load with the player. It would also be nice if when the Summoned NPC kills aanother NPC or opposing player that the Summoned NPC Owner would receive the proper EXP.

2\. Player based Factions: This may exist and I just haven't figured it out yet but it would be nice. Pretty self explanatory. Could make it read the class.ini from [Faction] = #. (This would also make pets attack players with opposing factions)

3\. Player Threat: Basicly this would only effect Attack on Sight NPCs so that they would of course go after which ever player has the highest threat setting based on their class, which would be read from the class.ini file, just as long as they do not have a target already.

4\. Shape Shifting Spells: Make a spell type as Shapeshifting which would work like spells as normal except change a target/player sprite for a set amount of time. This way Druids could become bears and Warlocks and turn enemies into sheep.

5\. Spell Casting NPC's: Make a NPC type as casting, select a spell to cast, set a frequency based on a 1 to 10 scale, and then set the NPC's mana. I'm not sure how to base the frequency exactly but I'm sure Robin could figure out a nice system.

6\. Better Fighting System: Last but not least, I hate the fact that in all Mirage based engines if a players DEF is higher then the enemies STR it says "The NPCNAME could'n hurt you". It should still do some damage unless you are either an extremely compared to the NPC or you have considerably more DEF then the enemies STR. I'm really not sure how the math for this or any of it in general but I feel this really needs to change.

Well that concludes my wish list for EO 1.0.3\. Once it is released and I play around with it for a little bit I will post a wish list for 1.0.4.

Edit: Well 1.0.3 is out and with some very nice features that I didn't even think of. Though, sadly, none of my wish's were implemented lol. There is a tutorial for Casting NPC's now thanks to Unkown_Raven so I guess that one isnt a big deal. Anyways, this is now my EO 1.0.4 wishlist.

• 1 month later...
Never noticed this thread. Shows how much I spend in this part of the forum. xD

Anyway, most if not all of these are already planned.

My main plans for 1.0.4 is completely re-vamping the combat system & map editor. I'll be using a similar threat system to Jake's with a few alterations.

I've had NPC spells planned since well before the first release.

I need to put a lot more work into the faction system. The one I added in was simply there to test out NPC vs NPC combat.