Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It really irritates me…

lollicat

…when people on here have their usernames as their game names. Because not only is there an extremely high chance of them giving up on it, they seem to think that people will "ooh" and "aah" over a game that nobody has heard of. It's even more annoying when they say, "Official owner of (game name)!" because nobody cares.

Just a rant.

Well, Lollicat pee pee head, I shall proceed to instruct you in the way of the noob.

The noob is usually some generic individual with a basic knowledge of the internet or someone who has a much too large knowledge of the internet, whichever's worse to you. They seem to think that what they sound think that sounds 'cool' is actually cool. Actually, it's just a biased way to piss you, lollicat, precisely.

Don't be offensed by the sarcasm.

Noob is a word that the more you use it, the more it applies to you. Yes, of course its annoying but you can deal with it. I mean, like you could just ignore them or something but yea, in reality, they are fat slobs who have nothing better to do. of course, I'm not saying that about eclipse members but who knows, right?

I actually don't care if they do that. 'Official owner of (gamename)' stuff. Nor do I care about if I should have my Username as a Gamename. Nobody's perfect, nor is you, nor is me and nor is everybody in this forum.

They will figure it out on their own, when they grow up, that they were acting like a noob.

I am sure that those people aren't even old enough to be legally able to join the forums. If many people would just follow the rules, like registration age and stuff, then that will fix most of the problem.

Anyways when i was a noob, i wasn't really a noob… just asked a whole lot of questions. But these days, noobs are just pathetic little pee pee heads who have no life other than trolling.
(sorry but i had to use the pee pee head :P)
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Rodriguez, I totally agree with you. but nevertheless, many people just dont know when to quit, like in lunia (game im playing) in one day, 8 people asked me for money so I gave 1 person some, then asked for more.

Back on topic, can moderators change games when they see that to like just the game name instead of owner of…

**Adulese: Only admins can. We G-Mods can just do minor stuff like mute you. ;D**

While i agree it is rather immature or rather tacky. Many of those people are new to RPG creation and want that "professional" approch to their game but really don't have a full grasp of the world. Most will learn as they age, some will give up and the others can't be helped..

@Microwave:

> While i agree it is rather immature or rather tacky. Many of those people are new to RPG creation and want that "professional" approch to their game but really don't have a full grasp of the world. Most will learn as they age, some will give up and the others can't be helped..

And then you have some stupid companies as well who have to fool a lot of people (e.g. Microsoft, The Game Creators, etc.). Game development is considered one of the hardest IT-branches, yet many people make it seem so easy, while it isn't and shouldn't be. There are only a few game development sites that actually state the real facts and there are even less that actually tell what is real and what isn't (e.g. XNA is an attempt to fool the big ignorant audience as it won't help you any further).

Usually people seem to suffer from megalomania as well. They think they can do anything and thus they seem to think that they can create a game without a proper base. Again this is just wrong. I've seen a few people who actually think about the design first and I've seen less who actually made a master design document, which should be a requisite. Usually they also come up with the excuse: "It's all in my head." Well, it isn't, because after one or two months, they'll usually just give up, end up in a loop ad infinitum and/or stalk other, sometimes semi-professional, developers who have better things to do.

All by all the major problem is that some people like it to make game development seem easy while it isn't. This doesn't mean I'm against the idea of engines, you can't really do anything against them anymore, but it's the fact that a lot of people get brainwashed by either a lot of trolls or people who are just as ignorant as the people who get brainwashed. Stricto sensu, people should actually learn to inform themselves properly before attempting to get something done. You can't build a car, if you don't know how to fabricate the wheels.

Regards,
  Godlord.

Haha I agree, when I first made my game I had no idea what it will be and whats it was going to be. So I just named it after the name I always use on the web. But I can't change it now. The name is on the site and on other places.  Oh well~

I also do dislike people who say official owner of "blah blah"