Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Revisiting the old days!

Lamborghiniz

Hey, I don't know if many people remember me from the old Mirage/Konfuze/Elysium days but I have been revisiting the idea of bringing my old zelda-style game back to life, did some researching again and led me back to Eclipse. How are things now a days? I watched a few videos from the updates and man it has come a long way since when marsh ran it.

Is it still a free engine, or is it a buy to use engine?

-Lambo

It is both, silver is free and gold is for sale as it is meant to be a commercial engine. Most are not happy that the source code of the new engine, is no longer available Some have embraced the new engine, and some curse it. We are now trying to write a new chapter with eclipse, rewriting with modern coding, and scripting support.

> Hey, I don't know if many people remember me from the old Mirage/Konfuze/Elysium days but I have been revisiting the idea of bringing my old zelda-style game back to life, did some researching again and led me back to Eclipse. How are things now a days? I watched a few videos from the updates and man it has come a long way since when marsh ran it.
>
>  
>
> Is it still a free engine, or is it a buy to use engine?
>
>  
>
>  -Lambo

Best bet is 3.0,but if u want 4.0 i suggest trying it first i made the mistake of not fully testing it before buying it and now idont use it

> 4.0 can do thing that 3.0 never dreamed of. The Zone system is very powerful, but I don't see many people using it.

^ my coder has Put that and auto pathing into 3.0 aswell as random dungeon generator all for less than i pay'd for 4.0 not hating on 4.0 its just it was not for me. The Equipment system is what made me the madist.

If you can code your self, go open source, if you have hours a day to put into coding, go open source. If you want something thats out of the box then go E4\. The only thing with closed source is no matter how hard you try it will always look like every other eclipse game.

> The only thing with closed source is no matter how hard you try it will always look like every other eclipse game.

the fact that every game uses the same client doesn't really help with that