Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO in ES

teh jimpie

I suggest you _don't_ add dynamic maps to Stable unless you're going to use the graphics engine I used in Origins.

Stable renders an entire map by having a set-size backbuffer it scrolls across. Origins re-sizes the backbuffer thus making it render at the same speed as a non-scrolling map.

tl;dr: It'll make your game stupidly slow because of the graphics engine.

@Robin:

> I'll point out it's much, much simpler to add a scripting engine into Origins than re-programming the graphics engine in Stable and re-programming the map system.

I will look. I love how Orgins is build. But I'm not sure I can make all the commands on my own. But, is it in Orgins possible to make something like a quest? Because there's no scripting.

@Robin:

> Just learn to programme. It's much easier than scripting.

Indeed. Scripting was an addition made for people who can't edit the source code, so there would still be possibilities open for changes. If you have access to the source, you might as well use the much faster, more powerful source code, rather than the scripting engine. Plus, think about it. Since you have VB6, you can actually make a visual quest editor and such - something that scripting is not very good at.

True, but something like a quick scripted tile you can't make.
Also, then I need to show alot of things like skills on the frames in the source. But that's impossible people told me.. Because it's data from the server what should show on the client.