Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mass Effect 1 & 2

Thorn

Anyone else put much time in on these?

I just bought a copy of 2 the other day, I've put in over 30 hours so far, with many more on the way :P
Do you play this, and if so what's your play style? I do the infiltrator thing, sniper rifles + tech = love.

Mass Effect 1 was an amazing game.. I was practically hooked on it as soon as I got it.

A friend of mine let me borrow #2 for a while, I still havn't really played it, although I'll probably get to it some time soon. I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII for the past while so I havn't gotten much time to put into Mass Effect.

I also use the infiltrator as my class, it's pretty awesome, although you can't zoom in with the other guns except for the sniper and the pistol.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm consider myself an exper on ME1… I finished it 12 times. Doing a 5th or 6th playthrough of Mass Effect 2 now... also I have all the DLC on both of the games and did one Reskin of Tali. And look outside the window! It's my life running there!

@Ballie:

> I'd just like to add that I also play Infiltrator. ;D

Yeah, I'm doing a run with an Infiltrator now, those bonuses to sniper attacks are pretty wicked. Can't wait till I get the widow rifle.
Infiltrator Assasin perk (+15% to weapon dmg) + Kuwashii Visor (+10% to dmg from headshots) + N7 Shoulder Guards (+5% to weapon dmg) + Assassination Cloak (+75% sniper rifles damage) + M-98 Widow Sniper Rifle… it's wicked.

My favourite class so far is the Engineer tho. Soldier is owerpowered, Vanguard sucks ass even in desing, Adept is fun and nice on lower dificulties, never played as a Sentinel.

Basicaly I love this game and franchise overall but I think that Mrs.Christina Norman (lead combat desinger) should be doint something else than desining combat - she failed at it harder than I expected from anyone at BioWare. Game has defenetly more cons than pros ESPECIALY in the matter of combat.

best game ever.
my friend let me borrow his 360 to beat both of them
i havent beaten number 2 yet
but im close

my love in the first one was Liara
my love in the second one was Jack

i also love how you can take your previous character and play him/her in the 2nd one
the beginning of the 2nd one is pretty cool too
wont ruin it for ppl that havent played it through tho

Diehard Tali fan over here, not sure why. Maybe the hips, maybe the accent, maybe the fact that her face is left to your imagination, and it's implied through Shepherd's response that she's attractive.
Maybe a little bit of all those things.

@«:

> [»Wolf«][» link=topic=60030.msg638950#msg638950 date=1274206837]
> You dont. You can make love to her in the 2nd one as long as you havent started to promise it to someone else.

yeah i know but it will help if u start in teh first one
she refuses in the first one but she will like u more if u continue the relationship

Her reaction when you say that you're interested in her? Priceless. One thing they did well in this (And something Oblivion really could take a lesson from) Is the voice acting actually has a good amount of emotion in it. Between that and the good animation, you get some solid stuff.

Yep, ME1 Was epic, ME2 lacked story and music, but had better shooting part. I am a bad roleplayer, so I use standart male shep, soldier. ME1 love - Liara, haven't cheated on her in ME2, wanna see her in ME3\. There will be a Overlord DLC, which probably will be crap, but Bioware CEO said, that they will release a lot of story DLC, and at some moment they will release some main story related content. Will be really nice to see ME1 LI's (Ash/Kaidan & Liara) again in action.

@arvo95:

> Yep, ME1 Was epic, ME2 lacked story and music, but had better shooting part. I am a bad roleplayer, so I use standart male shep, soldier. ME1 love - Liara, haven't cheated on her in ME2, wanna see her in ME3\. There will be a Overlord DLC, which probably will be crap, but Bioware CEO said, that they will release a lot of story DLC, and at some moment they will release some main story related content. Will be really nice to see ME1 LI's (Ash/Kaidan & Liara) again in action.

I love roleplaying in RPG games, I even make up my own conversations on loading screens or on long journies.

@Ninja-Tech:

> @arvo95:
>
> > Will be really nice to see ME1 LI's (Ash/Kaidan & Liara) again in action.
>
> not for me
> kaidan died in my story

Well that's why I wrote "/", because one of them must die on Virmire.

@Thorn:

> Diehard Tali fan over here, not sure why. Maybe the hips, maybe the accent, maybe the fact that her face is left to your imagination, and it's implied through Shepherd's response that she's attractive.
> Maybe a little bit of all those things.

They call those Talimancers on BioBoards… the biggest thread on BioWare Social Network (that means ME1, ME2, DA:O and DA:A boards) is the Tali adoration thread, it's the 4th or 5th one, previous threads were closed by the forum staff because they were 5k+ pages long and started to lag the forums. All those 5 threads are ~15% of WHOLE Mass Effect forums (ME1, ME2 and PC/Xbox360 technical support inculded).

Also today they anounced making of the movie - go to [official website](http://masseffect.bioware.com/) for more information. Also another DLC is comming - Overlord, and as the lead desinger said in an interview, further DLC will concentrate on the actual plot of Shepard's journey by building a bridge between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, fans are expecting a Liara DLC that would explain what the fuck happened with Liara being normal (because in ME2 she's obviously a nutcase), the speculation started when some "hackers" found hidden voice overs for Liara that don't apear in the game and also find files called "LiaraDLC" similar to previously found files about Kasumi Goto (the latest addition to Shepard's crew)… it would be nice since the comic series explained shit.

Also for the hardcore PC fans who finished the game and want to squeeze more from it - download Gibbed's Save Editor for Mass Effect 2 (can be found [here](http://www.masseffectsaves.com/mods.php) under the "tools"). With this you can perform stuff like changing your data from Mass Effect 1 saves without beating the game again and again, change your Shepard's face, pump up your credits and resources since it's a bit boring, give yourself additional skill points and levels. Also with this tool you can acces hiden dialogue for Tali and Legion. Mass Effect 2 had a small but obviously important storyline changes made in late development process (after recording the VO) and both Tali and Legion were recrutaible early in the game (judging from the ammount of VO - Tali was recrutaible straight after starting the game and Legion after finishing the Scientist's recruitment mission). They both have lines of dialogue on every mission (cept for legion - he doesn't have dialogue for Scientists's recruitment). Also, if you want to hear ALL possible lines from a certain character (normaly you would have to play the same mission many times and have some luck since both companions use up the lines NPCs have to say) you can unlock Kasumi as a usable character and pick her and the other character for a mission (this works only if you don't have the Kasumi DLC installed), you will be prompted with a rather hillarious error message but you will be able to play with only one companion and listen to all possible lines it has to say since it will fill lines that normaly would be used by another character.

Yeah, nice thing as an addition to collection, but storywise they are a bit weird. I have them downloaded as they weren't printed here, the hardcover edition is suposed to be so maybee I'll buy it. Same with the books - had to read them in PDF, shipping them would kill me. Wanted to buy the action figures, actualy had them ordered but canceled the order when I saw more photos. They look really bad. It seems like BioWare or EA has a really bad promotion department.

First book was medicore when it came to writing, storry was really neat, second one has both - good writing and storry so they both are worth buying. There's a third one underway or already out, I don't remember. I would buy Mass Effect Galaxies but I don't have iPodTouch nor iPhone.