Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reflecting

Techno 5.0

I was just reading over passed topics from like years ago and I also noticed my 4 year anivarsary with eclipse is coming up next month. And so I thought I should do a bit of reflecting before hand.

I must say eclipse has come a long ways and I know only a few actually realize that. I remember when I was at the age of 12 when I was like, I want tomake a game.  I had no idea where to begin so I looked up, mmorpg maker and at the top of the list on google was Eclipse. Curious I clicked the link which took me to a clean white and red website with an eye in the header. I read around the site until finding the forums. The forums at the time were green and black. I wasn't sure about signing up at the time but when I did sign up I had an amazing time. Around the time I signed up, eclipse wasn't very populated with newbs. It was a very close and friendly community.

My first game was Warlordz 5K. It didn't have a stable storyline, no major features, mapping sucked balls lol. But I had Ballie on my team then. That was when he used to go by Balistik1 or somethin like that xD. I finished that game and was happy. My dad ended up shutting it down though, but wat ever.

I remember meeting so many amazing people. Eclipse helped me find who I was. It helped me meet new people and understand that there r other badass mutherfuckers out there that enjoy the same shit I do.

I wanna bestow a special thanks to these people:

Marsh: thanks for making the engine. You of all people inspired me to follow my dreams and make them work. Thanks for making the engine and making the forum which helped me make new unforgettable friends.

Anna commena: (probably spelled her name wrong lol) she helped me become a mod and when ever I really had a problem or what Ever she gave me some good advice. Thanks!

Gwen: being one of my best friends on eclipse we had alot of laughs. Chat up the messenger and the forum shoutout box. Hell I remember when PMs were the main sort of conversating.
Thanks for all the fun times :)

Joe(jester): my other best friend. We talked like all the time. I bitched at his ex for bein a bitch lol good times. And he taught me some things on graphics.

Slim: taught me to never give up even when the going gets tough. Wouldn't let me give up on doing pixel art. Always said I need to practice. Thanks for the motivation.

Ballie: thanks for helping me with my first game. We also had some laughs and good times. I still remember when you went by ballistik1

Bone: lol bone. Ha rapping together was pretty chill. Minorities of eclipse!!! He'll yeah!!

Baron: taught me how to fucking map like Jo other. Like shit his mapping skills were killer.

There are some other people.
And to the newbs GTFO it was better when you weren't here. Lol jk jk. It's all good just shut up.

To every other Vet, mod, dev, etc.

Thanks for a great almost 4 years.
And I will actually get some weed and smoke to the years to come.

Cheers guys ;)

Grats, man!

My 'reflecting' is me going back and looking through older posts, seeing how much of a total douchebag I was.  Some of the things I've said to people are mind-boggling to my current self, and I'm pretty disappointed that I actually said some of those things o_O

Anyway, congratulations! You've always been someone I've looked up to, believe it or not. Cheers!

Green and Black, man. Good times. And hell, I remember the red and white main site. xD That's ooooold stuff, man.

And yeah, working with you was pretty crazy. I think it was you who introduced me to a few people you knew or something. Wow, that was so long ago. I think I was 15\. xD

@[PIE:

> Atrophy [ICT] link=topic=60699.msg640702#msg640702 date=1274671842]
> :( I had no impact.
>
> Oh well.. Grats. I'll probably do this when my 5 years is a bit closer.

Oh you did
but the name changes confuse me lol xD
your sigg was the very first sig I laughed at
the one about Jesus is forgiving lol xD

and I can't forget renzo!
Funny guy there

an also mellowz xD
also another funny dude

Oh I miss all the old admins lol