Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some tiles…

lollicat

![](http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/lollicat08/TileShowOff.png)
I have a few tiles here:
–1 grass tile
--2 rocks
--2 flowers
--1 rock on water
--4 bits and pieces of water
--1 ledge

Obviously this tileset isn't done, and these tiles will probably NOT be used in Alley Cats, but if I ever make another game after AC, I may fix these up.

Go and tell me what you think! I'd rather you didn't use these for now.

@[PIE:

> Lollicat link=topic=60761.msg641210#msg641210 date=1274822133]
> ![](http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/lollicat08/TileShowOff.png)
> I have a few tiles here:
> –1 grass tile
> --2 rocks
> --2 flowers
> --1 rock on water
> --4 bits and pieces of water
> --1 ledge
>
> Obviously this tileset isn't done, and these tiles will probably NOT be used in Alley Cats, but if I ever make another game after AC, I may fix these up.
>
> Go and tell me what you think! I'd rather you didn't use these for now.

Those are very good ones, Lolli. I recommend not using black outlines for rock, try it and lemme know what you got :)

@[PIE:

> Lollicat link=topic=60761.msg641250#msg641250 date=1274825315]
> Yes, it's too dark, or Yes, it's good?

Obviously, If you asked " is it too dark?"
Then, my yes was for "yes, it still looks too dark" And try to fix the grass, I recommend making leaves in the grass or else, since that grass doent fit your other tiles. But, you are a good pixel artist, so keep the good work :)

First of all, you're missing a row of pixels on the grass tile (To the right) And if I were you, I would make 5 (atleast) tiles of the grass tile, but with the flowers in different positions, so it tiles. Otherwise there will be clear visible lines of flowers on your grass. Even without the flowers, the grass has a pattern, I would try and get rid of that.
The edges around the water looks fine to me, but the water tiles to the down right is just one color, maybe having some shadows/highlights? Idk, might be the style you're looking for.

I don't think the grass tile will tile very well. It looks like it has a lot of contrast, which will get really straining to the eye with repeated tile use.

Your rock tiles are alright, but I think outlines shouldn't be consistent; I usually consider an outline for any surfaces that are standing out "in the air"… so the upper outlines of the rocks are fine, but the lower ones where the rock is touching the ground, shouldn't be that distinct.