Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can i make Member system to earn some money?

andis_dark

I read thousands of tutorials for my game, so im pro in this eclipse game making, but still i havent seen anything about paying sytems. I want to make member system, so if there is ome players who like my game too much and want buy some cooler stuff, ill add items that is only accessable by 'Paid members,OR….. I had second idea to make players buy game rare money with real money. Example: Rare money is only dropped by bosses in my game and the chance is like 1 - 500, so the player want some rare money but he dont want to get it by killing Bosses, He want to buy realy cool item with 100 rare coins, And the idea is to make system that allow him to send sms or by using bank account buy theese rare coins. Nad i want theese coins automatically added to his account when he buys them :)

Thxx [AxxA]
www.aod-twochosen1s.ucoz.com

@andis_dark:

> so im pro in this eclipse game making

/facepalm

You're going to have to make a very decent game before you're going to make any cash off of it, and even then you're going to start getting legal issues shoved right up your arse.

No one makes money by running an Eclipse game.

Hmm, lets say my game is very popular. and will be more popular when ill release it in global advertising. I just want to earn some small money to pay for advanced systems im using to make my next game what is sponsored by EA games.

I donr have so much money to continue my next game, so i want to get some by doing some premium stuff.

And im not the only 1 who want this member system in game. Mostly it will be aviable for free players, but those who want more can buy some sort of things. There was some players who even asked me to make this kind of system so they can be cooler than others by buying some cool armor or weapon :)

[AxxA]

Ohh c'mon!
EA games dont give advice's they are just interested in my project if ill make it with money earning!
Ok forget everything i've said.

I just want know that if there is possible to make premium services. Why i always have posts from bad admins who dont actually help me.

[AxxA]@Robin:

> No, you're just shoving some grade-A bullshit down my throat about you actually knowing how to make games and getting EA sponsorship.

Give him a break. For all we know, he could be making a fantastic game, or perhaps he already has a few users that said they are willing, but really, get off his back.

Perhaps people could use PayPal or something and pay a set amount, then you warp them to a separate map and there will be easy-to-kill monsters that drop these coins a lot? I dunno. xD

He is trying to help you. Unless you've completely redone all the graphics, and are using 100% copyright free materials, you won't even be able to make money from your game, legally. I noticed that you're using a screenshot from WoW as part of your website layout, for example. There is a huge difference, legally, between a kid making a fan game for his friends to play, and selling something he half-made on the internet. There are laws against it, internationally.

That said, we don't have a tutorial for adding a money system, simply because, as Robin said, Eclipse isn't designed for one. If you are serious about making a project to make money, you'd likely want to get a programmer on your team that could make something like this for you. As it is, there is not a demand for this kind of system on Eclipse, so you likely won't find it here.

No, because you are selling it without the permission to sell it. You can't just not take responsibility. E-commerce is not an easy subject, and certainly not one you just want to jump into blindly. But, what you are trying to do is basically plagiarism. Someone else likely drew the graphics you use, but you are selling them, and you are making the money. The original artist gets none of that, even though they did all the work. Now, if you make sure to make everything you use 100% copyright free, you won't have this problem, but in all the years of Mirage based engines, I don't think even one game has managed to do that. There are, of course, those that try, but if you want money, really, just get a job. It will take you less time, less effort, and you'll get paid more in a week than you'll ever make with Eclipse.

@silentdemonic:

> Interesting Topic - so is it illegal to charge players to play games made from Eclipse? Its just that I have already coded a Paypal system for it but no worries :)

Not in and of itself. Eclipse's license allows you to charge for your game. However, if you are using unlicensed graphics or music files, then it could potentially be illegal. There are plenty of sites out there for royalty free and open-license music, but the graphics are hard to find. If you plan on putting enough into the game where you want to get money out of it, though, it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a set of graphics, whether you make them yourself or hire someone to.

@andis_dark - It is really simple, just need a webserver, PHP and then its a case of using PHP to read and write to the relevant files in the Server folder. I have the entire Server at my finger tips including registration, status, list of players, images of characters and a lot more :)

Before you worry about getting a system like that implemented, finish the development of the game and website. From what I saw, you can play as the three following classes: Mage, Dark Fighter, and Human. Apparently human is a class? What are the others then…?

If you're serious about this, pay someone to make you some custom graphics and music, and get the basic game finished first. If you get to that point, THEN think about a pay system.
Not before.

• 1 month later...
Who is going to pay for a half arse game made by some random person in a 2D maker because he doesn't know programming language? If you take a while to learn C#, C++, Java, or Flash you could make a game any way you wanted to, as long as it consisted of your companies art and no one elses.

This dude is either super good at what he is doing, or he is completely insane.
I dont know man, even someone as talented as Robin never boasted that he is good at this. I dont think simpily reading thousands of guides on this forum wil make you pro at scripting/drawing/anything else.
Plus, andis_dark, if you are so good, you should make the system yourself :]

@jerenator69:

> Who is going to pay for a half arse game made by some random person in a 2D maker because he doesn't know programming language? If you take a while to learn C#, C++, Java, or Flash you could make a game any way you wanted to, as long as it consisted of your companies art and no one elses.

The only valuable language in there is C++, with Java being semi-valuable. If you think about creating commercial games with either C# or Flash, then forget it, they aren't suited for that job and neither for a lot of other jobs. Java is possible, but barely has any commercial games, generally because of the same reason as C# and Flash, although Java at least has some.

@andis_dark:

> I read thousands of tutorials for my game, so im pro in this eclipse game making, but still I havent seen anything about paying sytems. I want to make member system, so if there is ome players who like my game too much and want buy some cooler stuff, ill add items that is only accessable by 'Paid members,OR….. I had second idea to make players buy game rare money with real money. Example: Rare money is only dropped by bosses in my game and the chance is like 1 - 500, so the player want some rare money but he dont want to get it by killing Bosses, He want to buy realy cool item with 100 rare coins, And the idea is to make system that allow him to send sms or by using bank account buy theese rare coins. Nad I want theese coins automatically added to his account when he buys them :)
>
> Thxx [AxxA]
> www.aod-twochosen1s.ucoz.com

You have to put some money in your project, before you can get some out of it. That's how the economic model works in the Western society. Your website isn't going to attract a lot of visitors since most people are xenophobic when it comes to sites that aren't scripted by hand. On top of that you're just using a sub-domain instead of an actual domain which people can actually remember. Simply stop using templates, contact some website host and spend some money in getting a website running first.

Even when you get a website that can be considered somewhat professional, you still have issues. Such as the fact that you barely own any of the content used in your game. Fact is, if you want money, you have to put some work into it. That means you should have your very own art, engine, audio and so on. Asking money for something you don't own is plagiarism. On top of that, if you were to be using some file formats like MP3, then you'd risk to get sued as the distribution of music encoded as MP3 requires you to have a licence, which you have to pay for. Hence why it is generally better to use formats like OGG Vorbis. Although I doubt any Eclipse version as of now supports it.

And it's obviously not only the content and the presentation that makes a game. If a publisher was to contact you, and that's highly unlikely because game developers usually contact publishers instead, the first thing he would demand from you is a game design document and I doubt you have any. What I am getting at here is two things. The prior is: stop lying, EA Games will never contact you, you have to get in touch with them and show them why your game would be the best game of 2010, or soon to be 2011\. Second thing is: without a game design document, you basically don't have a good game people would like to play, therefore there is no reason to even beg for money. If you want money, you should produce a fine product, and as long as you don't, you simply won't get any and shouldn't beg for some either.

Short fact is, stop dreaming and wake up. Making money with something that can't even be considered an indie game is simply impossible.

Regards,
  Stephan.