Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Debugging Stable

balliztik1

Okay, with Origins up and coming, I'm likely not going to be releasing any more source edits for Stable or older versions. However, I do think one last "clean up" of the engine would be nice. Damien has been pretty good about fixing issues that have arisen, but there are still some age-old issues that need addressing. If you know of any bug with Stable, please post here detailing it. I (or someone else, if they choose to do so) will be writing up these last few tutorials for Stable, to pass along to Damien.

List of changes to come:

* ~~Taking damage in PvP does not display over a player's head~~
* ~~No-PvP zones do not prevent players from killing each other with spells or bows~~
* ~~A rewrite of the shop selling system~~
* Fix the speed and magic stat swap
* Fix/Rewrite party system if needed
* ~~Convert back to Winsock~~

>! 1) Guild
>! - the buttons aren't on the correct place while making a guild
- at the guild admin pannel, when you press "change access" and there's nothing in the textbox, you'll get an error.
>! 2) Profile
>! - If you're an admin, and can change the stats on your profile, your server will crash by changing somethings. e.g. change strength with more then 30, change the class etc.
>! 3) Damage
>! - You can't hit 0 in stable, because of this: (not sure this is a bug though  XD)
```
    If Damage < 1 Then
        Exit Sub
    End If
```
I think the 1 should be changed to 0
>! here's the fix for the PvP damage I guess  XD
```
Call SendDataTo(Victim, "BLITNPCDMG" & SEP_CHAR & Damage & END_CHAR)
```thanks to cloudwolf00 for it

I have a new ones!

1) Mute doesn't work
2) Not actually a bug but, why is it there? Data.ini

```
[MAX]
MAX_PLAYERS=15
MAX_ITEMS=14605
MAX_NPCS=5000
MAX_SHOPS=5000
MAX_SPELLS=300
MAX_MAPS=5500
MAX_MAP_ITEMS=20
MAX_GUILDS=10
MAX_GUILD_MEMBERS=15
MAX_EMOTICONS=10
MAX_ELEMENTS=20
MAX_LEVEL=138
MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS=4
MAX_SCRIPTSPELLS=300
MAX_STAT = 30
MAX_BANKSLOTS = 30
```
why's there; MAX_STAT, MAX_BANKSLOTS, Scrolling=1, ScrollX=30, ScrollY=30

I mean, when you change that, you'll get errors, so why do you have it?

just saying this because it'll be a final release

This isn't the final Stable. I'm not even part of the team. This is just the last I'm going to actively pursue some bugs. I've done my fair share of debugging with both "Fixed" Eclipse and bits and pieces found in Stable, but I'm switching over to Origins, so this is like my going away present or something. I dunno. xD My point is that this is just me giving Stable one last tweak. Damien is still in charge of Stable overall, so whatever he plans on doing with Stable is up to him. Stable won't die, I'm sure. There's still a much larger support for Stable than there is for Origins, so there will always be people willing to work on it.

I've been a bit busy lately, but I've made a note of several more issues. It shouldn't take too long. If there's anything else that needs doing, feel free to suggest. I don't care if it's a bug fix or simply a new feature. Suggest away. I'll grab a fresh copy of Stable in a while and get to work. I'll update the main post with plans.

well, personally i see it as final stable actually man.

i dont see why i should keep guys away from the epicness that is EO.

so, im with you on this one. lets fix as much as possible, and be done with it.

sure, ill still support Stable, and tweak if needed, but we should actually all make the switch man, lets face it, "old" eclipse is buggy, and full of unoptimized code.

Eclipse deserves a fresh start, and EO gives that :)

Damian666

Here's an age-old bug that's persistent in the EE-series, and that's the speed and magic are switched in various parts of the source.

Let me see if I can find a topic that explains better.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,59847.msg635597.html#msg635597

ill add one myself then xD

converting to new packet system, AFTER we converted to winsock ofcourse.

dump the string packets, and go with byte.

I am currently doing this in my own game, which is build from stable ofcourse, so, IF I succeed, ill port it to regular stable :)

Damian666

PS, may i suggest to do teh winsock part first? its really the biggest shit ever in eclipse, will help so much with engine stability imho.

and about party code, rip it from 2.8, mellowz rewrote it :)

I don't know what you're all saying but okay xD

I guess I've found new bug(s)

1) Custom Menu Show.
When you open a custom menu with "Call CustomMenuShow…" or something, and you put "closeable" to 0, you can't close it, thats right. But you can also not close it with "Call CustomMenuClose(Index)", so you can't close the menu anymore.

2) http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,60767.0.html ?

--

Then, damian, if you ever quit ES, I'll take the job to edit it XD I'm actually studieng at the source of ES/EO and trying to make something like a new game :P, ES and EO combinated, I won't take a limet of time for it. I'll just work on it when I want and when I have time. I'm also not sure I'll reach it.

ps. there's still no answer on my last question  XD

> i dont know what your talking about man, i tried just now with the custom rightclick box, and it closes fine.
>
> when its set to 1, player can close it, when set to 0, a script can close it.
>
> try the rightclick panel, when ya click on name for example, it closes the first customenu, and asks for a new name, when given, it reopens he custommenu, like it should.

Please check before you state something is fucked in Stable ok?

Damian666

Damian, I'm going to start fixing up some of these things. If you've already done anything, pass along the latest source or something. For now, I'll just be downloading a fresh copy of Stable 1.2.2 and going down the list. I'll update the main post with what I've got done periodically.

good, then maybe i can do that part xD

as long as i know what ya changed, i can look at the differences.

but for the love of god and all thats good, atleast tell me how the hell your gonna move to winsock, and maybe a tut only for that?

besides, its usable for all eclipse versions, so i think it would be a asset :)

Damian666

When I use the bank in Eclipse Stable and try to deposit a stackable item it doesn't show up how many you want to deposit in the bank and it also doesn't let you put it in at all all it does is say "you must deposit more than 0"

However it works with non-stackable items

Does anyone know how to fix this?