Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gold Feature List?

kanechart

I see gold is pretty darn expensive. Not sure if I want to buy it I heard V is going be cheaper the RPG Maker. I assume if their basing it on XP as XP is currently considered the better of all the versions still and updated and used in Japan today.

So is Gold worth $50 for Version 4?

For example the GUI is just crazy broken in 4\. I think my biggest issue so far is when you hit Esc it does not close menus but exits the entire game. 

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
I would say it is worth it if you have the time to actually make games with it. If not I wouldn't buy it. It is a pretty good engine and 50 bucks isn't bad. But ultimately it's your decision. I guess if you really wanted to make games professionally you could just make your own engine for free haha

> It depends on who you ask and what you're looking for in an engine, I don't think gold is worth it but that is my opinion.

I agree. Since it's not open source it also limits what you can do and it makes it hard to make a unique game. You'd be better off using a custom version of EO 2 or 3 or hiring a coder to implement what you want.