Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Source Coder/Scripter for Hire (Case by Case Basis)

balliztik1

Alright, as I've recently gotten a lot more time on my hands, I've decided to sell myself out as a source coder for individual jobs.

**About Me**
**Background:** I am a 19 year old college student name Derrick Martin. I live in southern Indiana, in the US, which is GMT-5, or Eastern Standard Time. I live off-campus and either commute to class, or take online classes when applicable. I'm currently on summer break, so I've got plenty of time on my hands.

I've been involved with Eclipse for quite some time. I've been a part of the forum for nearly 4 years. I started scripting about a month into my membership, and as soon as the source code came out, approximately 6 months after that if I remember correctly, I began learning to program.

**Experience:**  Most of my programming experience is amateur, with most of my code released in the tutorial boards around here. I have done both official and unofficial work for Eclipse. Unofficially, I made edits as early as Total Eclipse, and provided support to Eclipse Evolution 1.0 and onward, and am credited in both the "Fixed" Eclipse release and Eclipse Stable. Officially, I did some work for the unreleased Eclipse Evolution 2.8\. I've helped with minor things in Eclipse Origins, and have released, as of this date, two unofficial tutorials for Origins.

**Portfolio:** I have the most released tutorials in the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,87.0/sort,starter.html board (Sorted Alphabetically; I'm on pages 1 and 2). I have the second-most released tutorials in the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,70.0/sort,starter.html board (Again, sorted Alphabetically with me on pages 1 and 2). Additionally, I have many scripts in the http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,78.50/sort,starter.html (Alphabetically, with me on page 3 and 4), the best/most unique of which can be found in my profile's "About Me" section, here: [Ballie's Profile](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=1081).

**Past Work:** I've not been too heavily involved in many games. I instead did most of my work for the public, as shown in my portfolio above. However, I am credited in past works such as [Krusade Online](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20535.0), a project which I helped Kreator with. I am currently working as a developer/assistant programmer for [Elandor Chronicles](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,459.0.html), which is going great. For Elandor, I have developed a balancing suite known as the "Scales of Elandor" which computes various values and outputs over 20 different variables used to tweak NPCs, items, and even Experience rates. When the engine is completely ready, my responsibilities are to program in the quests, as well as various other "unique" events, like magic items, NPC dialogs, and the like.

**Testimonials:**
@Robin:

> Derrick is one of the few people on here who can match my programming in terms of cleanliness, stability and dynamics. I had originally intended to work on Elandor's programming alone as I usually do, but he's proven himself as being an incredibly skilled and dedicated programmer.
>
> If you want something done properly, get him to do it. ;o

**Job Details**
**How often I can work:** I can work pretty much any time needed. Like I said, I have a lot of free time, so I need to fill it with something. Because I'm not looking for a team, but rather individual jobs, I will fulfill them as they come to me and I get the time.

**What I'm looking for:** For both scripting and source work, I offer my services for any Eclipse or Mirage release as applicable. I may very well do individual works for non-Mirage engines, but that remains to be seen on a case to case basis.

**What I'm capable of:**
Source - I've got enough of a grasp on Visual Basic and the Mirage Source to code nearly anything necessary for a game. radicchio or huge requests like making Eclipse 3D or converting Eclipse to an isometric engine will be refused. Most other things should be possible. I have experience in both the logic of subsystems like custom quests and skills, and display elements with DirectX, such as extra paperdoll or sprite frames.

Scripting - I've made just about every type of script there is, from quest scripts to skill scripts to unique scripts that serve specific purposes. I can say quite determinedly that if it can be scripted, I can do it.

**What you can expect:** Once I take on a job, depending on the length of the work, I will provide screenshots as well as the opportunity to test in-game with me as progress carries on. If a feature is not to your liking, I will alter it to fit your needs before handing over a finished product. All code I write will come with a bug-free guarantee. If any code I write ever has a problem, I will fix it for free.

**What I ask of you:** I only ask a few simple things of those for whom I work. I ask that I be able to post screenshots or examples of work I do for my portfolio. If you do not want me to reveal a specific feature I code for you, you may ask that I do not share it. Other than that, I do not ask for much else. I will never ask to be credited in your game.

**Payment:** I do not have any set prices in mind for particular code. As it is a case-by-case basis, we will talk out those details beforehand. I will most likely be setting up a PayPal for this purpose. I will be donating approximately half the proceeds from this service to various organizations and groups. I will make sure some goes back into Eclipse to help keep this site running. Another portion will go to a charity/research fund. I will likely put some funding into Elandor Chronicles to ensure its longevity as well.

**Contact:** I am on Eclipse daily, so my preferred method of contact is first in this thread and secondly PMs. If you are looking to hire me, I'd prefer you contact me in both ways. In this thread, merely let me know you are interested. In the PM, let me know more specific details. I have several forms of messenger if necessary. Send me your username for whatever messenger service you use and I can get back to you.

Hey ballie,

**something short about me:**
Im 15 years old, My name is jim and I live in holland. I'm still on school.

**the project**
do you want to join my in my pokemon project? It'll be turn based with source/scripting.
more inforemation in the PM I send now to you  ;)

@teh:

> do you want to join my in my pokemon project?

No, sorry. I'm already a part of a team. This topic is just for individual jobs.

@NGHS:

> Well Derrick, have you ever looked at any ruby? I'm currently looking for a programmer to help me out.

I haven't, actually, but it could be nice to learn. I doubt I'd be able to help you any time soon, but if I ever do get pretty good with Ruby, I'll let you know.

Derrick is one of the few people on here who can match my programming in terms of cleanliness, stability and dynamics. I had originally intended to work on Elandor's programming alone as I usually do, but he's proven himself as being an incredibly skilled and dedicated programmer.

If you want something done properly, get him to do it. ;o

@NGHS:

> Well Derrick, have you ever looked at any ruby? I'm currently looking for a programmer to help me out.

I haven't, actually, but it could be nice to learn. I doubt I'd be able to help you any time soon, but if I ever do get pretty good with Ruby, I'll let you know.

Well, give us a heads up if you ever want to help, its just small edits i need you to do, but its ok.

• 2 weeks later...
@peekay:

> Ballie I will keep you in mind for some work around EO milestone. I have worked with Vb6 before but not with this sort of depth so im still on my learning ways but I may request your service.

That's fine. Do keep in mind though that I am waiting for the EO milestone myself. I might get rather busy when that is released.

• 1 year later...