Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Visual basic 6.0 tutorial help

Making

@Making:

> is there any tutorials on here on how to program with visual basics? preferably for eo?

EO is very new so no, and learning VB6 would not be done here. You would need to use Google to find tutorials. The basic knowledge of VB6 can be used to EO easily.

You can learn some things here, but if you want to learn how to use the program well you should look elsewhere.

no I am not using portable I am using express. and I just started off I don't know the basics I am looking for a point to start off learning, could you please point me in the right direction?

@Making:

> no I am not using portable I am using express. and I just started off I don't know the basics I am looking for a point to start off learning, could you please point me in the right direction?

You can **only** use Enterprise or Professional.

@Making:

> @Helladen:
>
> > Yes and learn the basic structure of EO. Which is all MS engines base.
>
> where specificly can I learn about MS engines? sorry for the many questions I really want to learn.

Just the way the engine is setup. You need to mess with it and learn the fundamentals of VB6 to be able to do anything.

The best way to learn is to just mess with it. If you've got a logical mind and you can get your head around the basics of, well, Basic, then you'll have a decent start. Once you understand the syntax, you just need to understand the engine. All the rest will come in time.

For instance, once you can read the code, just take a look at simple things, like what happens when you press the "Login" button. Just follow the code through and try to understand it all. If you can't, try something simpler and work your way up.

:)

Thanks for all the replys guys. Robin sorry it wasn't express its enterprise my mistake.  XD

Anyways all I am looking for some tutorial that just explains how the coding works? I can't try to understand a language I don't know, just something to start off learning. I went to that website you gave me but it had a bunch of tutorials and I didn't know where to start off, I click on one of then noob friendly ones and it started talking about some stuff I never even heard of. sorry for the long paragraph I am writing but all I am asking for is basicly something that teaches you the basics of VB 6.0 coding, or can I use the original eclipse coding to learn? I am not sure where or how to start off a basic code.

once again sorry. Please reply

• 1 month later...