Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Library Files + Windows 7 Fail! Help?

azkanan

So, yeah, I got me myself a windows 7! Yee haw!

Now, I've installed both x32 and x64 Library files, I've manually downloaded the files in question and then manually attempted to register them, both in System32 and in the Root folder for Eclipse (Ps: the OCX don't register).

Soo, I run Server.exe - Fine.

I run Client.exe - Error. #339: Component 'richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid.

Any ideas, guys?

Is the richtx32.ocx part of the Library Files? It could be that once I do register it, another file, then another, then another and so forth need the same treatment, when the fact of the matter is that the ELI didn't work for me right.

@Azkanan:

> So, yeah, I got me myself a windows 7! Yee haw!
>
> Now, I've installed both x32 and x64 Library files, I've manually downloaded the files in question and then manually attempted to register them, both in System32 and in the Root folder for Eclipse (Ps: the OCX don't register).
>
> Soo, I run Server.exe - Fine.
>
> I run Client.exe - Error. #339: Component 'richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid.
>
> Any ideas, guys?

Im running win7x64, make sure you copy both the .oca and .ocx into the system32 folder before you register it.

If you are not that confident with working with lib files, honestly mate the best thing you could do is another work around for windows 7 not installing lib files, build quick installer, MSI or install creator pro/install creator..

These have an option to register OCX files upon installing a program.. Create a dummy program and include these libs to register, its pretty straight forward with those programs.

I downloaded the file again from a guide about how to get it working with Windows 7\. I followed the guide, got to the registration part…

"The module "C:\Windows\system32\RICHTX32.OCX" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c."

I then disabled the UAC, reinstall the ELI and attempted to register it again, but nothing has changed.

Ideas?

Also, couldn't find a richtx32.oca.

Edit;

**Zing!** I downloaded DirectX 9 and installed it, and the OCX installed (Odd, seeing as I've been playing sims 3 fine on this new laptop).

New problem. Error #429 ActiveX component can't create object.

Imma go look through the runtime error subforum.

Edit #2;

So, I downloaded dxvb7.dll and put it in System32\. Ran Eclipse origins.exe, no luck.
I then attempted to register it, where I was ceremonially greeted with "The Module C:\Windows\System32\dx7vb.dll failed to load."

It's amazing how much trouble one can have. I must have missed something obvious, but, at least this is progress.

Thank you for the continued help. :)

The only difference between the 32-bit and 64-bit is that the 32-bit version is a 32-bit PE binary and that 64-bit is 64-bit PE binary.

@Azkanan:

> Why did x86 work on a x64 OS, I wonder?

32-bit works, because the 64-bit mode on x86-64 processors knows two sub-modes: 32-bit and 64-bit. x86-64 however sucks at backward compatibility when comparing it to the POWER-architecture where 32-bit applications can run directly on 64-bit POWER-processors without configuring anything.

@Robin:

> You need to run the x86 installer… Eclipse is a 32-bit application.

Not entirely true. If I used the right functions it doesn't really matter which one of the two you use. It's better to use the 64-bit version on a 64-bit platform than the 32-bit version due compatibility reasons. Only if I used the wrong functions, the 64-bit version might not work at all, since it would be trying to dump the files in SysWoW64 instead of System32.

Regards,
  Stephan.