Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nexus Project (Language Project)

Alatar

Well, this is an idea I've had for a few weeks. Is a project to improve and grow the foreign communities of Eclipse, to make it more "international" and expand it to a new barrier.

First of all I've been thinking in translating the new [EO] (Eclipse Origins Engine) to another languages, with this tag: [NE?]. The "?" means the first letter of the language that it shall be translated (example: [NES] (Nexus Eclipse Spanish); [NEF] (Nexus Eclipse French); [NEG] (Nexus Eclipse German), etc.)

After that, I think that publishing the engine and giving from this forum more visible links to the Language's Boards will be a good way to make it grow.
I'm looking for opinions of everyone, particullar from the Language's Board's Moderator's and forum-members which don't have English as main language (as I do, by the way sorry for the english speach xD)

You need to have it call a specific number for the message in a text file or something. This will require a lot of source editing. You will have to rewrite all the messages in all the languages you got and organize them into categories of numbers. That number will check the client and if the client is English then it will pick message 1 on category A for English. There is probably better methods of doing this though.

A few days later… xD
(Client) I have almost all the forms added to the manage of the language files. I only need to work on the ingame form and the modules. ;D
This is helping me to understand and practice VB6.0 ^^