Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Iphone 4 question

kender the great

I have had my iPhone 3g for a year now, and now that the iPhone 4's are about to be released I really want that build. But seeing that I'm on the required 2 year contract, would they allow me to drop my contract to renew it with the new iPhone for the same price, or would I have to pay extra?

I know Verizon won't let me do anything like that. I have heard that "sometimes" you can get discounts after a year, but it's not nearly as good as a free upgrade. If you want to push it and see go to the store, be irate, and tell them you're switching to Verizon for the droid.

That's why I suggested being irate and threatening cancellation. I had to get a fresh two year contract, but I got two phones for "contract" price instead of having to finish out the second year or pay full price.

It works better than you'd think, Marsh, though probably not as much with cell phones. But surely they must have some kind of deal. I mean, you're showing them support by buying their new product and such. If they don't have something they offer then that's kind of shitty.

Im pretty sure that if you are just upgrading your phone they will let you…. but if its 4g, they might make you renew your contract with different rates for the 4g. I doubt they would give you 4g data at 3g rates.

most likely you'll be able to buy the phone, but have to get the new pricing for that network. I dont think you'll get any "fees"

@Ballie:

> It works better than you'd think, Marsh, though probably not as much with cell phones. But surely they must have some kind of deal. I mean, you're showing them support by buying their new product and such. If they don't have something they offer then that's kind of shitty.

It only works when you threaten to go to their "biggest" competition. As I said it worked for me. Don't really care to go into the full back story on it though.

Gwen this isn't a normal upgrade from the sound of it.

@uıןɐpuǝʍb:

> you should only have to pay for the cost of the phone…. there is a slight chance they would let you turn in your old one for a credit... but I doubt it. That and whatever the new data plan cost is.

I'm with Gwen. If you can talk them into the contract renew, you'll have to cover the cost of the phone. I don't know if you'll get the contract price though.

- also should note the new one is "weird"

Was talking to a guy in one of the shops and he says that he can fix a iphone in like under 2 minutes. Apparently the only thing that really breaks is the screen and its basically just popping it out and connecting it with another one. Not sure how much he charged but if you arent getting a new one it may be worth it. Or just sell the old one to gain money to go get another.

When I first broke it no one fixed em. It was 200 dollars from apple. People started fixing them it was around 100\. Now that every mother fucker has one, its like 30 bucks. But I can't be fucked into fixing it right now seeing that I want the new one. Lol. It's in good condition really though.

@uıןɐpuǝʍb:

> What is the joke with that?

That full desktop computers that do more than the iphone and ipad cost less than the two.

@SoiWilliamSoi:

> @Azure:
>
> > If it makes you cry I got a new computer for less than you'll pay for a new phone.  ;D
>
> It doesn't. Makes me not give a shit. ;].

Most people who can afford that kind of luxury don't.