Find results in...

Port Fowarding Help (not noob)

sibley

Hey, Iv'e read all the guides here and on Portforward.com and other sites
I have a 2Wire Router 2701hg
![](http://i45.tinypic.com/214bnkj.jpg)

Iv'e Had many people that tried to help say that I did everything correct
but it still wont work? I can play on my ip and my ip is the one porting it

I would like to do it via Team Viewer but if someone could direct me to where the port is add that will do
thanks ;)

@sibley:

> I was told that I need to change my Computer IP to my Routers IP?
>
> and it wont let me do that in command prompt ipconfig /all

if you want that go to:

Your.Net.Properties > Then on the list choose Internet Protocol TCP/IP > Then Choose it Properties > Then disable the radio button that says automatically find my ip or something > Then change it to what you want (I SUGGEST HELP OF "ipconfig" CMD COMMAND!!)

Hope it helps

sibley turn automatic ip back on…

then go to do an ipconfig and get your ip address... it should be 192.168.1.xxx  it might be 192.168.0.xxx

then go back to where you turn off auto ip, and put in that number for your ip address, and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet, and 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1  depending on your ip, for the gateway.

then portforward to your 192 address.

@Marsh:

> Everything looked correct? that is not even the port forwarding page? also changing your computers ip doesnt do anything. Get team viewer and pm me and ill step you through it.

Not in the picture… -.- I tried to help him out over team viewer, and everything looked correct. I'm not an idiot, lol.

Yeah… but marsh if you dont set your computer's ip to static, it can get a new local ip, and your port forward wont work anymore. Usually on a home network your ip wont change, but it is possible... its just safer to have it static.

Yea thats true will make the port forwarding last longer without a change. Its just if there semi new to it may screw things up.

If it is set up correctly maybe try disabling the firewall or adding a exception? some routers i have had to do that for.