Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Makerbot!

Gohan

(Is this in the right place?)

Okay just saw this on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fScRYhq-5M0

Awesome @_@

But the most amazing thing is what this can lead to o.0 Need food? Screw grocery stores just print out your food!

Your thoughts?

@נυиgℓєтσє:

> I dont know about making food, but thats pretty cool.

At present there's no way to make food just like that but still, someday similar technology could make food.

EDIT: I think in the more forseeable future people will be able to buy silverware models and print them out so they have spoons and forks for dinner that night(actually if you don't mind plastic you can already do that)

@Draken:

> yea seen this on the news earlier tonight. you cant make food with it unless you eat plastic.

I know I mean someday in the future something like the makerbot might be able to make food. Atm though you can make stuff to eat your food on though XD

@Gohan:

> @Draken:
>
> > yea seen this on the news earlier tonight. you cant make food with it unless you eat plastic.
>
> I know I mean someday in the future something like the makerbot might be able to make food. Atm though you can make stuff to eat your food on though XD

You could always try and see if it can carve something out of ice cream, though. xD

I'm more concerned about it getting upgraded so it can do metal and other materials used in circuitry. The I'll wait for someone to upload the models for all the parts to Playstation 3 to the internet  :evil:

@Gohan:

> I'm more concerned about it getting upgraded so it can do metal and other materials used in circuitry. The I'll wait for someone to upload the models for all the parts to Playstation 3 to the internet  :evil:

yea once the metal and anything else would be amazing

@Jna:

> This surely looks epic. Id buy one if they sold it.

they do sell them…. well kinda

its a kit that's under $1000 that you order and you build it yourself comes with instructions.
[Click here to buy one](http://store.makerbot.com/cupcake-cnc.html)

@Lollicat:

> You could always try and see if it can carve something out of ice cream, though. xD

You'd have to put the machine in the freezer though, and if you do that it might not work because of the cold temperature. No I think carving something out of a cheese wheel would work better.

@Gohan:

> Need food? Screw grocery stores just print out your food!
>
> Your thoughts?

/facepalm

Seriously… did the reallity dumped you? You don't make something out of nothing.
Also it's not craving... anyone who posted something about craving - go check your eyes or the dictionary. It builds things from the material it's filled with.

@Kusy:

> /facepalm
>
> Seriously… did the reallity dumped you? You don't make something out of nothing.
> Also it's not craving... anyone who posted something about craving - go check your eyes or the dictionary. It builds things from the material it's filled with.

You have no idea what future technology will be able to do. It might not make something out of nothing, maybe we'll someday have a way to turn objects into data, and a machine like this will be able to refill itself automatically.

And who cares whether it carves or builds it. Bottom line is this thing is awesome.