Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem with Character walking

Ninkoro

Ok, so using this picture as a reference:

[attachment=1336:Problem.png]

I am using a sprite sheet where the purple and the yellow sprite columns are not identical to each other. However, when testing it in-game i noticed that the yellow sprite column seemed to not be appearing. To be sure that my eyes weren't fooling me, I used color coded boxes on each different sprite in the same direction.

While suppressing my oncoming seizure, I discovered that in fact no yellow boxes were appearing. Why does EO4.X(latest version) skip the 3rd column? What is the point of having it 4x4 if it ignores the 3rd column altogether? Or is this an isolated incident? Am I the only one?

Thanks for taking the time to read my problem :/

> i think its just the sprite sheet try another one if it works theres your answer solved.

No lol I didn't use this sprite sheet, I'm using my own sprites. I'm just not puting my custom sprites on here right now.

And i've tried multiple sprite sheets, same problem. Answer not solved.

Unrelated to John, is this a bug? Should I repost this in the bug reports?

If the walking animation of EO 4.0 doesn't change as it is on EO 2.0

Then this is the walking animation

While walking the sprite change to 2nd column then 3rd then 4rth then return to 2nd column, if not walking it will turn to 1st column.. as far as i remember, maybe i remember it wrong :D

> If the walking animation of EO 4.0 doesn't change as it is on EO 2.0
>
>  
>
> Then this is the walking animation
>
>  
>
> While walking the sprite change to 2nd column then 3rd then 4rth then return to 2nd column, if not walking it will turn to 1st column.. as far as i remember, maybe i remember it wrong :D

Hmm, that helps me better understand the idea in mind when setting up these types of sprite sets, but unfortunatly no matter what I tried the 3rd column never appeared. 

Thanks for the past insight, I hope someone else will be able to elaborate further into EO4's style of handling these things.

Only Kibbelz and Jcsnider know what's inside the source so, Only they can explain how it works..

But if the 3rd Column Sprite never appeared. Then here's my theory from what you explained

When player is moving it Start at player step for example the last step was on 4rth Column, Then it will start and 2nd then go back to 1st then head to 4rth then 1st again then 2nd.. it will loop while moving. If the 3rd Column won't appear then the code itself skip the 3rd column.. well i think you already know about this stuff.

I suggest to wait for the developer to see this topic

> Only Kibbelz and Jcsnider know what's inside the source so, Only they can explain how it works..
>
>  
>
> But if the 3rd Column Sprite never appeared. Then here's my theory from what you explained
>
>  
>
> When player is moving it Start at player step for example the last step was on 4rth Column, Then it will start and 2nd then go back to 1st then head to 4rth then 1st again then 2nd.. it will loop while moving. If the 3rd Column won't appear then the code itself skip the 3rd column.. well i think you already know about this stuff.
>
>  
>
> I suggest to wait for the developer to see this topic

Yeah that's what I assumed, well thanks for helping.

Hopefully they see this :/

> It's not frowned upon, they really should see this actually.

Thanks, glad others think so too.

> if you want them to see it post it in the eo 4.0 thread they have to be approved by admin so they will be seen

Good idea i'll try it.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, so posting in the eo 4.0 thread didn't get any responses…...

And its been awhile so now my topic is low on the Q&A thread. Please, this simple question is holding me back on creating my sprites. Developers, please see this thread already...