Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Origins Spells

Shadowbane

I haven't been able to find a solution as of so far, but with my clean Origins client spells have a problem.

No matter what I've done, the actual animation of a spell never seems to play. Casting animation works but not the animation of the damaging part.
Has anyone else had this issue? I know the animation is working but it doesn't actually show. I've tried non-AOE, I've tried AOE, but every time I cast it or use it on an NPC it doesn't show.

There's probably some obvious answer. Any ideas?

Works fine for me no matter what kind of spell I use.

Make sure the spell isn't insta-killing the NPCs. Animations don't show when you kill an NPC because it resets their X & Y values to 0, thus making the animation always appear in the top left of the screen when they're dead.

@Robin:

> Works fine for me no matter what kind of spell I use.
>
> Make sure the spell isn't insta-killing the NPCs. Animations don't show when you kill an NPC because it resets their X & Y values to 0, thus making the animation always appear in the top left of the screen when they're dead.

Ah thank you. I recall someone mentioning something along those lines with another engine.
It makes sense, the spell I was using had been called The Banhammer of Justice. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> why can't you just set the spell to animate before damage is even done?

I programmed the animation system to be fairly generic. You have 3 settings. Unlocked, Locked to Player and Locked to NPC.

When you cast a spell on a player or NPC, it locks to them, so it'll follow them around when they move. So every loop it'll re-set it's X & Y value to that of a player. If the player then dies, or an NPC then dies, it'll just render in the top left of the screen, because it thinks the player or NPC's position is 0, 0.

I originally had it so if the spell killed the NPC or Player then it'd render unlocked at their X & Y position before killing them, but it looked a bit silly.