Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Ideas for Features

Alatar

First of all, this are all suggestions to try to improve the engine, i'm not trying to get these features added so I can be lazy of coding them myself. I'm starting to learn VB6.0 and trying to get some of this to work on my own project, so please post only support things, suggestions or constructive criticism  ;D

**Ideas**:

- **Task System**: Just as there is a Resource System instead a Job System, there maybe could be a Task System with event's like RPG Maker games have. There could be four types of Tasks: GoSlay, GoGather, GoTalk, GoTravel. This could be improved.

- **Obstacle Attribute**: Some sort of block attribute (players and npc's) but with vital's data, that can be destroyed by the player and respawns after some time (similar to resources attributes)

- **Checkpoint Attribute**: Hmm, some sort of attribute that when you step on it your MapNum, X and Y are saved somewhere, so when you die you respawn there. This suggestion is not difficult to make, and I  think that maybe is more for specific games rather than common games, but anyway could be a good alternative.

- **Building Attribute**: Instead of "player housing", attributes that when the player step or click on them they display an image from an external .bmp file, similar to Resource Attributes.

PS: If i think of more, I will add them xD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
@Alatar:

> - **Checkpoint Attribute**: Hmm, some sort of attribute that when you step on it your MapNum, X and Y are saved somewhere, so when you die you respawn there. This suggestion is not difficult to make, and I  think that maybe is more for specific games rather than common games, but anyway could be a good alternative.

Umm im confused, your saying a Checkpoint Attribute would be a good idea but you already made one and posted it in the Source Code Tutorials…
[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,64302.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,64302.0.html)

If I could make a suggestion, maybe adding a quest system would be nice too since I hear many people talking about putting a quest maker in so you can easily make quest. This could help out lots of newbs like myself and require less scripting since those are this is a pretty common thing wanted.

By the way I like your suggestions as well I think it would be useful.  :cheesy:

Yep, ancient topic xD
I've done the Checkpoint Attribute, and been working on the House Editor. Right now i'm with the Task System, trying to make it work ;D
I've been working also in a possible Job System that uses an algorythm as a formula to handle the levels. :)