Find results in...

Ubuntu

Harris6310

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Petey:

> Eh, not a sily idea… Especially since the Ubuntu guide says that's the best way to dual boot :)
>
> Also, the looks nowhere near as good as guitar pro.

You dont install Ubuntu next to windows, you partition your hard drive to hold a linux distro so for example you would have one partition for windows, then an ubuntu root partition and a swap partition.

It would be impossible to install linux onto Windows C:\ as Windows uses NTFS and Ubuntu uses Ext3 file systems.

@albert_camus:

> @Petey:
>
> > Eh, not a sily idea… Especially since the Ubuntu guide says that's the best way to dual boot :)
> >
> > Also, the looks nowhere near as good as guitar pro.
>
> You dont install Ubuntu next to windows, you partition your hard drive to hold a linux distro so for example you would have one partition for windows, then an ubuntu root partition and a swap partition.
>
> It would be impossible to install linux onto Windows C:\ as Windows uses NTFS and Ubuntu uses Ext3 file systems.

Learn about [Wubi](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wubi_%28Ubuntu_installer%29), but I don't think they have that for ArchLinux, so yea.

**Addendum**: you know Ubuntu has NTFS drivers that are capable of both reading and writing, right? So using Ubuntu from a NTFS-partition could work. Plus, Ubuntu also supports Ext4.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@albert_camus:

> You dont install Ubuntu next to windows, you partition your hard drive to hold a linux distro so for example you would have one partition for windows, then an ubuntu root partition and a swap partition.
>
> It would be impossible to install linux onto Windows C:\ as Windows uses NTFS and Ubuntu uses Ext3 file systems.

I'm aware of partitions. when I said "next to windows", I meant on a second partition on th C:\ drive.

@Harris:

> I have stopped using Ubuntu now. It's just a lot easier to use Windows. I don't mind it being slower.

lolwut?
After breaking into ubuntu, I've been using it for quite a long time now, andit's easier to use than Windows, for me.  Like, I actually find it an inconvenience when I need to use windows XD

But to each their own, I guess :huh: