Homicidal Monkey

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zetta:

> @erkro1:
>
> > You could download Starcraft II illigal, but I can't give you an link.
> > You should wait until he's in the shops.  :sad:
>
> <_< game's in the shops. And I dont think the illegal copy can do anything but player vs computer.
>
> @ZoSo:
>
> > I cant believe there are people that hang out at Gaming forums and have never played Starcraft :P..
> > You must be like 10 years old.
>
> Starcraft came out 12 years ago. Most people on this forum probably never played it.

it's a shame that most people on this forum probably haven't played "Warcraft: Orcs & Humans" either xD

@LegendWeaver:

> I've only played WCII and WCIII: Reign of chaos. I use to be a huge warcraft fan… But never tried out StarCraft or the first Warcraft. I should give Starcraft II a  try tho

StarCraft is focus on macro management. Warcraft is focus on micro management. Like the mining rate of StarCraft is faster than that of Warcraft and in general, the units cost less. In Warcraft 3, an orc costs 240 minerals and has 680 hp (3 supply). In StarCraft 240 minerals can buy you 4 marines (200hp), 8 zerglings (240hp), or 2 zealots(360hp).

also

>! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_E83GfWM-A

@Zetta:

> @LegendWeaver:
>
> > I've only played WCII and WCIII: Reign of chaos. I use to be a huge warcraft fan… But never tried out StarCraft or the first Warcraft. I should give Starcraft II a  try tho
>
> also
>
> >! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_E83GfWM-A

I totally agree.

I am personally dissapointed in the multiplayer after I played the single player campain. I want Firebats and Medics in multiplayer! Along with the flame turrents that hide in the ground. All my single player stratergies thrown out the window. I really enjoyed using flamebunkers as a defence against Zerg and Protoss.

Great game nevertheless.

@«:

> [»Wolf «][» link=topic=63308.msg680886#msg680886 date=1281633825]
> I am personally dissapointed in the multiplayer after I played the single player campain. I want Firebats and Medics in multiplayer! Along with the flame turrents that hide in the ground. All my single player stratergies thrown out the window. I really enjoyed using flamebunkers as a defence against Zerg and Protoss.
>
> Great game nevertheless.

Hellians are actually better than firebats. They move faster, shoot farther, are cheaper, and you can produce 2 at a time

Yeah, I don't like hellions. They're just weird, and I'm not sure why they would put them in when they could have just tweaked firebats. Those guys are BADASS.
I fully upgraded them in single player, dreadnought plating or whatever it was threw their armor through the roof.

My only issue with SC online is rushing. I get the mots enjoyment out of high tech high build large scale battles. Online its rare to get those. I understand playing for the win, but when a game is over in 10-15 min, kinda a waste of money.

Dont get me wrong I still enjoy it, but I honestly prefer playing a bunch of AI more then a human opponent

@DrNova:

> My only issue with SC online is rushing. I get the mots enjoyment out of high tech high build large scale battles. Online its rare to get those. I understand playing for the win, but when a game is over in 10-15 min, kinda a waste of money.
>
> Dont get me wrong I still enjoy it, but I honestly prefer playing a bunch of AI more then a human opponent

team comp stomp. Those are fun and somewhat challenging. Also establish a no rush: 5 minutes policy with whoever your playing. 5 minutes is enough to get 2 bases and tech up quite high.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=63308.msg681123#msg681123 date=1281686275]
> pff.. I'd beat all you fools in less then 9 min of the game. Zealot Rush pwn's Zerg rush.
>
> Chrono burst your warpgates.. pop 3 gates.. game son. I've only lost 1 1v1, and its cause he zealot rushed.. and I wasn't paying much attention.

with that strategy, large map = fail
roach counter can pwn a zealot rush.