Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Burning an .avi file to DVD

lollicat

Jesus fucking christ, I've spent four hours searching Google to try and get this motherfucker to convert, but every time I put the damn DVD into the player it gives me the same error, something about not having playback features and whatnot, so I've resorted to asking the geniuses of Eclipse.

Is there any possible way to get my .avi movie onto a DVD and working, preferably not taking two and a half hours? (There was one converter that took almost three hours to burn, and didn't even work. I shit thee not.)

Thanks tons guys.
–Lollicat

yes, there is a FREE Program called ConvertXtoDVD3 it will convert the video into the required format, and right after burn it into the DVD for you, it gives you different menus to chose from and everything. Great Product NO WATERMARK, and best part, its free!! if you need the link its a Bittorrent torrent and always has seeders, here's the link:http://www.ukb-kvcd.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=7371 i use it all the time, works great for me

@Marsh:

> The built in windows ones works a good amount of the time. I personally used Xilisoft dvd creator for most of my dvds.

Yep. that one works real great too, ive used that one before the program i just posted,my cousin showed me this one

It's such a pain in the ass to have to convert avi (divx) files luckily though there's some alternatives;

- most newer DVD players come with DivX compatibility so you can burn as a data disk with just the avi file

- next-gen consoles i.e the ps3 and xbox 360 can play avi files from USB so grab a usb stick and put the film on it and plug in. Or buy an external Hard Drive and create a big collection of digital movies.

- Or of course you can convert to VOB as suggested but it will take a lot of time and also can hog a lot of computer resources meaning sometimes hard to use the machine while it is converting (depending on spec of computer)