Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] .txt - based Experience table (Short and simple)

Tdogthedog

TDog's simple way to make a .txt file experience table for EO… (This is not ment to out prove all the .ini tuts one by ballie and that this is just another way of doing it and shorter)

1) Server Side: Make a .txt file in your data folder called LevelExp.txt
2) Then fill it like this..
  Example: [Pic Example](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/84389ab94250a20a270b4b343e8b1897.txt)

3) open up your server source… find the function GetPlayerNextLevel in the modPlayer module and change it to this:

```
Function GetPlayerNextLevel(ByVal Index As Long) As Long
    Dim filename As String
    Dim F As Long
    Dim I As Integer
    Dim Phrase As String

filename = App.Path & "\Data\LevelExp.txt"
    F = FreeFile
    Open filename For Input As #F

For I = 1 To MAX_LEVELS
        Input #F, Phrase
        If I = GetPlayerLevel(Index) Then
          Input #F, Phrase
          GetPlayerNextLevel = CInt(Mid$(Phrase, Len("Exp" & I + 1 & "=") + 1, Len(Phrase)))
          I = MAX_LEVELS
          Close #F
        End If
    Next

End Function
```
and then build make your new .exe and your done…

*let me know how it works..*

We've been through this many times TDog, I'm getting sick of explaining it to you. If you're using EO, then you need to do things properly. Doing a half-arsed approach is what got Stable into the state it is now.

HDD File I/O every single NextLevelCheck is a stupid, stupid way of doing things.

Here's an analogy; There are several different ways of sitting in a car. One of them is sitting in your seat with your seatbelt on. Another way is leaning halfway out of the window, one foot in the driver's face, the other foot turning the steering wheel and your arm reaching out to touch passing traffic.

Guess which one your system is.

@Kreator:

> Tdog get your fucking foot out of my face I'm trying to drive.

That's exactly how it feels to be driving along EO right now. It feels like there's some downy sat next to me with one foot in my face, the other one fucking with my steering.

ok to anyone that read the posts above this… actually know its a short source edit for those that get confused easly when putting in edits and that aslong as you don't go to like 1000 levels or something that extreme this still works with out a problem.

@TDog:

> its a short source edit for those that get confused easly

Yes, because game development is perfectly suited for those with metal disorders which causes them to become confused whilst copying & pasting code into VB6.

looks at TDog.

Why are you developing games, again?

• 9 months later...
@Angus123:

> Tell me the error … how to fix it?
>
> GetPlayerNextLevel = CInt(Mid$(Phrase, Len("Exp" & I + 1 & "=") + 1, Len(Phrase)))

Why are you using this? Even I could tell it's inefficient from a glance, and I'm a wreck of a programmer, ;d.

@Angus123:

> Tell me the error … how to fix it?
>
> GetPlayerNextLevel = CInt(Mid$(Phrase, Len("Exp" & I + 1 & "=") + 1, Len(Phrase)))

-_- Angus I've seen several "dumb" question that you have asked… O.o why are you trying to code again? It requires a basic minamal understanding... even if you just copy and pasting you still need to know what you are doing. Also they are right, this is a bad idea to use.