Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drake.

Nooblebob

@Icie:

> Anything that is over played is annoying. Though I don't listen to mainstream radio often, so when I hear songs like that it's not over played for me. But yeah, he's just a replacement for Lil Wayne while he's locked up.

Lol he isn't a replacement to weezy. Drake was signed onto young money/cash money records way before his trial. Drake wrote some raps for weezy and realized that he could be a bigger star and branch out to more than just thousands of degrassi deprived school girls, and asked weezy to sign him on. Weezy didn't want that at first, because he thought he would take the spotlight, then drake mentioned not writing more raps, so he allowed him on. So he joined along with nicki minaj, lil chuckie, tyga, gudda and a few others. I personally don't like Drake because he's more lyrical in his songs more than actually rapping, but there are a few out there that are worth a damn to listen to. Besides weezy doesn't need a replacement, he owns young money, so he gets money even if he's in jail. He's not in it for the soul purpose of pleasing people, he's on the grind. Remember ;3.

I honestly like Drakes way of rapping. I appreciate the deeper side of things. Anyone that says Drake sounds like Lil Wayne, needs to actually do research before actually making a comment. Because they are far from even being the same, they are just on with the same label.

Just wait for Lil Wayne to come back out, Drake will suddenly fade out for a bit unless they work together some more. It's just the pecking order at this point. Drake's current success, is due partially to his ability and partially to the fact that Lil Wayne is out.

I do like Drake though, but he's over played.