Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can i make this work

deathtaker26

-so the other day i was trying to add something to my source that when a player changed map the map name would pass by their screen…..i think i can say it was a fail...anyways i kinda just want the name to apear in the mid left of the screen now and just fade away how do i make text fade or add effects like this please help me. Also i wanted to know if i have picture with only a shade of blue to where it is still transparent in the packground with a blue tint over is will it work on visual basics so i can still see stuff behind it?

lol ad your sig. 

But you would need a higher rendering system/capability than Dx7 in order to do all the fancy shading and such your speak of with the blue tint.  Best you could do with the Dx7, would be to make a color invisible, like black, the same way it does with the rest of the GFX.

first of all you can make the background transparent on dx7….. and vb6..... 2nd I never said anything bout shading or anything I said apear and fade out.....
and you can do this stuff with visual basics6 and dx7 i have seen it....i was thinking of making a transparent picture with a blue tint on it with gimp and seening if that works but w/e

@Ertzel:

> You sure about that? Cuz to do this u need to use Dx8, not 7\. You prob have seen people using dx8 and didn't know they where.

It's very possible to do it in DirectX7\. I've done it myself by locking the DC and Blting using a separate C++ dependency.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/ga.png)