Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Npcs

Dakota

• 2 weeks later...
if you want to add some new sprites to youre game first open the new sprites you want to add with paint(or any other image editing program like photoshop,paint.net,etc)then open the sprite sheet from gfx folder.

Then copy the new sprites you want to add and paste them to youre sprite sheet from gfx folder.
After that just add them like you would add any other npc

ok not sure what engine you are using because you are talking about "folders." There shouldn't be any kind of folder just for the sprites.

The directory should be like this
CLIENT/GFX/…

you should have a regular sprite sheet (its a bitmap file)
and a big sprite sheet

You want to put your sprites on either the regular or big sprite sheet and make sure that they are formatted and placed on there correctly.

After that start up your client...

First you have to create your npc. Go to npc editor, select the sprite you are using, give it a name, stats, etc....

Then go into map editor, go to properties, and add your npcs to the map.

oooo well GFX is the shortened version of grafics  ;D

You have to edit each file, independently. Make sure your sprite all line up…

Honestly, you should be using stable or ee 2.7 to familiarize yourself with the basics of eclipse before you attempt to tame origins.

For origins it put in the this directory

client\data files\graphics\characters

then make sure you name it #.bmp. the # is the next number after the last sprite sheet. Like mine is 4.bmp so the next sheet would be 5.bmp. I hope that helped.

@dreadhead:

> Honestly, you should be using stable or ee 2.7 to familiarize yourself with the basics of eclipse before you attempt to tame origins.

Worst advice EVER!!!! EE and ES are nothing like Origins. It has been said many times over. He/she would just get lost from going from EE to ES. Just take your time with Origins. It's what I did.

I didn't say they were anything alike. All I said was that if he/she is having a hard time with something like that, then they should not be using Origins to start.

I have used EE and ES for a while, and I when I tested out Origins I knew how to do everything.

Obviously they are not alike, but I mean sprite sheets are the prehistoric method of the way origins sets up sprites  XD

OK listen…

you are taking something I said...
making your own inferences and assumptions about it....
and blowing it out of proportion...

I never said they were alike, nor did I say for her/him to use it for their project and DON'T EVER USE ANYTHING ELSE!

ALL I SAID...

was to mess around with it, to LEARN THE BASICS OF ECLIPSE!

lol

after they get a feel for things then THEY CAN TAME ORIGINS!

clear?  ;D