Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MORE MAP EDITOR PROBLEMS IN ES!!!

ayevdayev

I got VB 6 so I started to play around with the source of my game, I wanted to change the max tiles on the map editor from 10 to 30\. So I did everything correctly (AT LEAST I THOUGHT). Then I went on my client and opened up the map editor. I clicked on one of my new tileset #s (26). The correct tileset showed up. I got so happy (LOL). Then I clicked on a tile then clicked on the map to add it, NOTHING CHANGED, I looked through the code but I cannot find something to change the max tiles, what do I do?!?!?!
Please help!
Greatly Appreciated :)

![](http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz271/ayevdayev/help.png)
View the image from photobucket because the site cut the image!
(http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz271/ayevdayev/help.png)

If you have vb you should use origins, you can add as many tile sets as you like simply by dragging the bmp files to a folder.  ES is outdated in a sense that everything is tied together and adding items, sprites, tiles has to be done to the images that are already there.  Not to mention ES has some memory leaks that will leave your game crashing all the time.  Robin made the new editor for a reason, use it.

@justink15:

> If you have vb you should use origins, you can add as many tile sets as you like simply by dragging the bmp files to a folder.  ES is outdated in a sense that everything is tied together and adding items, sprites, tiles has to be done to the images that are already there.  Not to mention ES has some memory leaks that will leave your game crashing all the time.  Robin made the new editor for a reason, use it.

I didn't post this so that people can advertise Origins, OK. If I wanted to use origins I would. I've heard millions of errors in Origins and I hate it's GUI (looks pretty crappy to me, even though I can edit it). I picked ES because it actually has much LESS errors and is much easier to use. Anyways, I already started making my game and I am not planning to redo it on to origins. The truth is ES is easier to use, and Origins crashes way more. I didn't post here so that people like you can advertise, I posted to get some help.

I was just trying to help you, not sure why your reply seemed hostile.  I am trying to save you the trouble of making a whole game and then only being able to have 4-7 people play it once it gets online due to a memory leak in ES.  I mean if all you want it for is yourself and a couple of friends ES will work, but it really isn't easier to use take this question you are asking for example, it would take you a few seconds to drag and drop some images.  Also EO seemed to be better supported at the moment.

@justink15:

> I was just trying to help you, not sure why your reply seemed hostile.  I am trying to save you the trouble of making a whole game and then only being able to have 4-7 people play it once it gets online due to a memory leak in ES.  I mean if all you want it for is yourself and a couple of friends ES will work, but it really isn't easier to use take this question you are asking for example, it would take you a few seconds to drag and drop some images.  Also EO seemed to be better supported at the moment.

There is just 1 problem I'm having. I'm a total N00B at scripting (I'm learning VB6, I'm used to VB 2008). I use the cloudwolf quest maker, will those quests that I made work on Origins? I actually played a game that runs on ES to check it out and it, lags LIKE HELL with only 3 players logged on so. I give in. LOL!

I tried using Origins, I hate it! It doesn't even have a news editor (probably does but I didnt see it :)) I don't like the system at all, not even close to as much features as ES, anyways I still need some help increasing max tiles, anyone know what I should do?