Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making a game

joshdsimons

hey all XD making and mmo, im guessing you knew that though XD. i love making games have used rpg maker alot lol XD however i such at scripting… and i mean bad lol.. and work 12hrs a day lol, dont have the time to really get into that aspect. but i would really love to create a cool game not something really big more something me and some friends could play lol XD more like a 20-30player mmo lol. so my question is does any one have a client with some extra features like quest and such i could use to make my game i love EO but there are some features i would love to have lol. if yes i would give all credit to you in the credits lol just wondering.

XD

You may be able to find someone to give you a client+server with lots of features for free but I doubt it.  If you come up with a creative idea and a well thought out game then there are some programmers, scripters, and other forum members that may join you out of interest.  Short of money, I would say that is your best bet.

Off topic….  you seem to like XD'ing

@314piwm:

> You may be able to find someone to give you a client+server with lots of features for free but I doubt it.  If you come up with a creative idea and a well thought out game then there are some programmers, scripters, and other forum members that may join you out of interest.  Short of money, I would say that is your best bet.
>
> Off topic….  you seem to like XD'ing

I agree…  Maybe just work on the game on you weekends learn to edit sources until you get your game online and friends to work with.

yeah i dont mind paying for some scripts it just seems unfair that EE and stable have all these free scripts and once i pick to use EO im on my ass lol… but yeah i would pay for some scripts but i would want them to be in program form and installed into my client you know so it would let me edit instead of have me script(dont have vb6)
like i want a quest script. but if i got one i would want it fully integrated into the client so when i started to edit there would be a tab for it and options like ,
needed items
level req
item rewarded
and so on and so forth.

lol we what i mean if i pay for a script i want it to be complete not somehting i have to put into the game and if i want do get something from it i have to script my self lol.
any one willing to make something like that??

lol VB6 30bucks and imposible to find.
every program like if stated in my last message is costly.

yes EO it self is free and the files directly for it like the auto upgrader and image spliter.

but i mean a quest system and a npc messaging system havent yet found one of those for free lol why do you think im buying yours.

PS. just a question? why doesnt EE EO stable have an npc messaging system and a quest system already integrated into it?? both of those are completely essential to making any sort of game at all.

@joshdsimons:

> lol VB6 30bucks and imposible to find.

Torrent it.

@joshdsimons:

> but I mean a quest system and a npc messaging system havent yet found one of those for free lol why do you think im buying yours.

Then you're blind. There's a free quest system available in the Source Tutorials board. As for the conversation system, that's something I developed for my own game. I have the right to not release everything I do for free.

@joshdsimons:

> PS. just a question? why doesnt EE EO stable have an npc messaging system and a quest system already integrated into it?? both of those are completely essential to making any sort of game at all.

That's your opinion, not mine.

lol… if I wanted to make it imy self I wouldnt post on this forum so there.
I wasnt asking for is program for free???? willing to pay for it but he isnt selling it
and go find a game that has not one quest or an npc message and show me???(must be MMO)

and why the hell do people come on here when some one says hey ill pay for this script and say make it your self??? I dont understand that??

I just want a quest system like what is on -link removed-.

guys come on?? if you have a program you will sell to me then get on here and post up if you dont keep quiet I dont care about your opinions on how I should obtain it... if im willing to buy it then some one will sell it and I dont need every one telling me that I should make it.

@joshdsimons:

> lol… if I wanted to make it imy self I wouldnt post on this forum so there.
> I wasnt asking for is program for free???? willing to pay for it but he isnt selling it
> and go find a game that has not one quest or an npc message and show me???(must be MMO)
> **www.havenandhearth.com - Completely SUCCESSFUL, by the way. And an MMO.**
> and why the hell do people come on here when some one says hey ill pay for this script and say make it your self??? I dont understand that??
> **If you want to buy it, go ahead. Making it yourself is better because you'll get what you want and you'll learn something instead of blowing money for someone to make your game for you.**
> I just want a quest system like what is on -no-.
> **It's a ducking closed source system. YOU CAN'T DO THIS.**
>
> guys come on?? if you have a program you will sell to me then get on here and post up if you dont keep quiet I dont care about your opinions on how I should obtain it… if im willing to buy it then some one will sell it and I dont need every one telling me that I should make it.
> **No.**

Answer in bold, link removed.

If you like to be restricted beyond belief, go back there.

You're saying you want to make a game yet you don't want to spend any time at all learning. All you've done since you came here is complain that my source doesn't have everything you want, then complain about the price of the source which _does_ have everything you want, then complain that VB6 costs money, then complain that Origins is 'knocking you on your arse', then complain when I tell you to shut the fuck up and stop complaining.

Oh, and of course complaining how you work 12 hours a day in the freezing rain. **So fucking what?** At least you have a bloody job. I'm a window cleaner by trade but got laid off. Don't go complaining about working in the damn rain to me, kid.

then go get a job and stop spending all day on the forums?
i guess if im going ot make it on this forum i have to be an ass to… k get it
no i love EO didnt mean to hurt your feelers about your little baby.
there are some things i would like to change?? but all in all its good? lol
i have no problems with either of you too
yes robin you annoy me some times?? i bet im annoying you lol
soul idk you just seem like a grumpy admin to me.

thats all i want is to edit my little games for fun... i dont want to spend hours on end scripting and coding thats not fun to me... thats all i wanted.

@joshdsimons:

> thats all I want is to edit my little games for fun… I dont want to spend hours on end scripting and coding thats not fun to me... thats all I wanted.

What you're saying is that you want to make a game, yet you don't want to spend the time to learn how to do it.

This community offers you everything you need to make a good game. If you can't be bothered to learn how to use it, then kindly fuck off and stop wasting our time.

@joshdsimons:

> then go get a job and stop spending all day on the forums?
> **Job market isn't good.**
> I guess if im going ot make it on this forum I have to be an ass to **You're going to have to learn how to learn, we don't bother helping lazy, ignorant, or generally annoying people.**… k get it
> no I love EO didnt mean to hurt your feelers about your little baby **Robin = 19 = little baby?**.
> there are some things I would like to change?? **No, there are some things you want people to change FOR you.** but all in all its good? lol **No.**
> I have no problems with either of you too
> yes robin you annoy me some times?? I bet im annoying you lol **Stop with the lol'ing. You're annoying as hell.**
> soul idk you just seem like a grumpy admin to me. **I take my job seriously, volunteer or not. My periods and lack of lolol make it seem like I'm serious all the time. I got this way from babysitting kids like you.**
>
> thats all I want is to edit my little games for fun… I dont want to spend hours on end scripting and coding thats not fun to me... thats all I wanted. **It IS 10 MINUTES. That's 600 seconds, and hardly the time to make this topic and nag us on end.**

@joshdsimons:

> thats all I want is to edit my little games for fun… I dont want to spend hours on end scripting and coding thats not fun to me... thats all I wanted.

[troll]lololol I want game someone give to me I take all credit[/troll]

If it's not enjoyable, why are you here? Barely anyone will give you anything for free. Look at the scripting and source code boards, you should find what you want there, like Robin said. If that doesn't suit you, take up mapping or something else, build a decent reputation and then people will start coming to you.

I'm locking this topic. This is just going to turn into an ungodly long flame war between the logical minded and some 12 year old kid.

Listen, joshdsimons, if you want to get help, this isn't the way to do it. You're topic name doesn't say anything for what you want. You don't use correct grammar or spelling. Your structure your argument with idiotic logic. You think we will do whatever you want because you have money when our name eventually will get attached to a project that IF it succeeds will be shit.

Get a hold of yourself or everyone will just ignore you. No warning for now, though you really should be getting one.

- Adulese