Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free GUI

Absolute

What you did:
1\. Covered everything with the background rectangle.
2\. Aligned the News Box and buttons with the previous GUI (probably by Copy and Paste).
3\. Added some text in the default font.

When creating a GUI, you also want to focus on detail. Have the Game Name posted up front, change the button font. Add some characters from your game (don't paste them everywhere). A lot more stuff you can do to add detail.

It wasn't copy and paste. If you wish you could look, however unnecessary, everything is random. I have no experience with making text in paint.net before. This is mostly a base for who ever wants to use it, they could overlap the text and add some of their own designs.

What I did do:
1\. Get the base of the GUI.
2\. Filled the background with a dark brown, and added noise.
3\. Provided a outline using black and a shade of orange for the buttons.

• 3 weeks later...
@Absolute:

> I was bored, so I downloaded paint.net and made this.
>
> [![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/f824d9af6499b778d4e741dbbb2c393a.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#f824d9af6499b778d4e741dbbb2c393a.png)

Pretty awesome how someone is actually trying to contribute to this so-called community and all he does is get flamed for it. Awesome constructive criticism guys.

@Valek:

> @Absolute:
>
> > I was bored, so I downloaded paint.net and made this.
>
> Pretty awesome how someone is actually trying to contribute to this so-called community and all he does is get flamed for it. Awesome constructive criticism guys.

Not all of us are being unconstructive, we're trying to help the guy.

We would get nowhere if all we did was praise people about how great they are.

@Valek:

> @Absolute:
>
> > I was bored, so I downloaded paint.net and made this.
>
> Pretty awesome how someone is actually trying to contribute to this so-called community and all he does is get flamed for it. Awesome constructive criticism guys.

I would not call that flaming at all, no one said "That sucks, you suck, go away"  Everyone just said it was rather bland, or nothing to write home about, and some such as Soul gave him quite legitimate construct. I think most people could achieve the GUI piece he has made themselves in a matter of minutes using the most basic of paint programs, for if he used Paint.net to do that, then he missed about 99.9 percent of the features within that program that would have enhanced his image considerably.

If I were to dissect it a little more, the OP says "I was bored and made this"  Well, to me yes it looks like he was rather bored when he made it, as it is rather boring to look at. Now, that is constructive in itself, as one could suggest that if he tried doing some GUI work when he was lively and energetic, it
may have a more vibrant result, than a dusty shade of curry the next morning.