Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 1.3] Fps <= 7

Fulier

@Robin:

> /fpslock

Oh, thanks. Now ~200-250 at clean areas and average 80-100 at complicated ones.

@Robin:

> How was that stereotypical at all? Are Russians well known for having slow computers? No. Go read up on the word before throwing it around like a moron.

As long as Mr. valterzzz uses an answer "Russia" to the problem, it means he creates stereotype. At least for himself.

i have really low fps too, i have a 1 gb video card, 4 gb of ram quad core processor, fresh windows install and everything and i get 12 fps on the latest version.
i have tried other engines, like vbgore,g2d,old konfuze and it all seems to be more up to par than this…800 fps cannot even be seen by the naked eye, anything under 32 is horrible, 50-150 is desirable.
so what could you change robin to make this stable ? your competitors have  50 x 50 scrolling maps with 150 FPS, what are they doing different than you ?

@KDawg08:

> -snip-

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/kagami-in-thought.jpg)

@marhaST:

> Your competitors have  50 x 50 scrolling maps with 150 FPS, what are they doing different than you ?

Competitors? I make Origins for myself. If other people want to use it then they're free to. If they want to go use someone else's engine then they're free to do that as well, I don't really care.

Concerning the issue I've already said that I'll be working on engine optimisations to drag up to the FPS. In fact I wrote a fairly large development post about it a while ago.

You can all shut up reporting that you have low FPS. It's really not needed. I've promised you all that I'll work on fixing it and continuing to moan about it isn't going to change anything.

@Robin:

> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/kagami-in-thought.jpg)
>
> Competitors? I make Origins for myself. If other people want to use it then they're free to. If they want to go use someone else's engine then they're free to do that as well, I don't really care.
>
> Concerning the issue I've already said that I'll be working on engine optimisations to drag up to the FPS. In fact I wrote a fairly large development post about it a while ago.
>
> You can all shut up reporting that you have low FPS. It's really not needed. I've promised you all that I'll work on fixing it and continuing to moan about it isn't going to change anything.

:rstar: do you happen to have an eta on your time frame for fixing it, could you solve the fps problem within 3-4 days, surely it couldn't be that hard for someone as skilled as yourself ?:rstar:

@Robin:

> Depends how much time I get to work on the engine. It'll be released when it's ready for release.

@jeff

thanks for your input, this is a completely new windows install freshly formatted ntfs, i have the latest dx drivers, i have a 1 gb video card, i play other fps games, engines etc.

@Robin

sounds good, thanks for responding, i wont keep you any further.
:)

@Jeff:

> I don't see y he would have to fix the engine… probably wouldn't drastically increase ur fps on a blank map(which is low).  Try updating Direct X and get rid of programs that take up CPU while they aren't doing anything

Did you just not bother to read my posts at all? There's plenty I can do to improve the FPS and I'm doing so as we speak. Get out.

Should have fixed it. Go download 1.3.1.

For anyone who's actually interested in the problem it was your computer hardware (sort of). During one of my initialisation reshuffles I didn't set up the DDSD_TEMP flag storage initialisation before DirectDraw was initialised causing it to be set up with dodgy parameters. As such the FPS was based on your setup, hence the majority of you reporting it being foreigners.

Should run just fine on all setups now, although if you struggled getting 60fps on 1.1.0 then you'll be struggling to get 60fps still. I'll be doing more to increase the FPS in the future, I just quickly released a patch which fixed the main problem.