Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have door open for other players?

Gleech

Hello, everyone!

So I'm trying to create a dungeon for my game. I had an idea of the players in the party trying to get 3 keys in order to open a door to the next part of the dungeon. When one player (with all 3 keys) would interact with an event, it would open up access to the next area.

The problem is, I can't figure out how I would go about doing this. I saw a similar question come up before, and people were saying try changing it to a self-switch event. However self-switch is still per-player. It doesn't change on the other players' screens until they interact with it (meaning in my case, if players were to do this each player would need 3 keys in order to activate the event each time to open the door).

Am I missing something? I was really hoping I could get something like this to work, so I could have other puzzles and such using similar techniques.

In general I think there need to be more party-based event commands in EO4\. Stuff like "# of players in party" and "is party leader" checks, "Warp party", and other stuff like that.

Would be nice if EO4 were open source so I could attempt this stuff myself, but…

...well, you know. >_<

> I have yet to test if it works; however, try checking the "Global Box" for the door event.

Oh, I tried this but it didn't seem to want to work before… xD

Now it does, though. Was a bit more creative with it. Set it to "global", made the requirements that "Self-Switch A" is "false", then made it so when a player interacts it turns self-switch "A" on. And there we go! The event disappears for everyone.

Thanks a ton! Glad to know this is possible.

> personally i think you should just go open source anyways.. It can be accomplished pretty easy if you just go open source

I've been thinking heavily about just switching back to EO3 or something, but the problem is that I really love a lot of the features EO4 has to offer. I'm not very good at coding, so although I know I could do certain minor things eventually, things like the character creator and instancing and such are lost to me.

I'd love to learn VB6 better someday, but I always seem to have trouble trying. xP VB6's editor is just so clunky and buggy and it really messes me up.

> Oh, I tried this but it didn't seem to want to work before… xD
>
> Now it does, though. Was a bit more creative with it. Set it to "global", made the requirements that "Self-Switch A" is "false", then made it so when a player interacts it turns self-switch "A" on. And there we go! The event disappears for everyone.
>
> Thanks a ton! Glad to know this is possible.
>
>  
>
> I've been thinking heavily about just switching back to EO3 or something, but the problem is that I really love a lot of the features EO4 has to offer. I'm not very good at coding, so although I know I could do certain minor things eventually, things like the character creator and instancing and such are lost to me.
>
> I'd love to learn VB6 better someday, but I always seem to have trouble trying. xP VB6's editor is just so clunky and buggy and it really messes me up.

get someone to code the stuff for you :P