Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 2.0] NPC Speech Box with NPC Face.

Broojo02

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just tested normal speech (without the box) in 1.5 and it seems to be working fine.

Remember that to be able to talk to any NPC it HAS to have some stats in every area (like HP, MP, Strength, Agility), also make sure its set to friendly :P

So just pop like 5 in every box or scroll bar and it should work.

This is from a fresh download of 1.5.

> Open up frmMain and add a picture box in the middle of the screen (make sure its on top of everything), name it picSpeech, this will be the main speech box. Inside that add a picture box called picSpeechClose (clicking it closes the box), finally add a label called lblSpeech (where the text is displayed). Set each of their properties to have AutoSize as True, their Appearance as flat and their BorderStyle as 0 - none. Set the ForeColor of the label to white and the BackColor to black.
>
> Set the Picture of picSpeech as the "speech.jpg" file you downloaded and put the Picture of picSpeechClose as the "speechbutton.jpg" file. Go ahead and put the close button in the top right of picSpeech and the label filling up most of picSpeech.
>
> Finally, put all 3 components visibility to false.
>
> Double click on picSpeechClose and add the following code to the new sub:

Screenshots please? :3

@Broojo02:

> I've just tested normal speech (without the box) in 1.5 and it seems to be working fine.
>
> Remember that to be able to talk to any NPC it HAS to have some stats in every area (like HP, MP, Strength, Agility), also make sure its set to friendly :P
>
> Ohh okay now I know what my mistake was thanks^^
> So just pop like 5 in every box or scroll bar and it should work.
>
> This is from a fresh download of 1.5.

Okay thanks. Now i know what my mistake was^^

Doesn't word for me, on 2.0, even when I just make the picbox visible it doesn't show up….

Edit: Made it work: figured out why I couldn't see anything:
The window was "under" the actual game, what I did was copy it and paste it on the side part, then drag it over from there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
@Broojo:

> Open up frmMain and add a picture box in the middle of the screen (make sure its on top of everything), name it picSpeech, this will be the main speech box. Inside that add a picture box called picSpeechClose (clicking it closes the box), finally add a label called lblSpeech (where the text is displayed). Set each of their properties to have AutoSize as True, their Appearance as flat and their BorderStyle as 0 - none. Set the ForeColor of the label to white and the BackColor to black.

Wow.. I'm really noob at this, and you already lost me there. There's actually two frmMain files at my client.  One is an frm file and contains lots of codes.. Can't really add a picture there in the middle of my screen, and the other one is an frx file which I can't open, becuase I don't have the software to do that..

Do I have to open the frm file? And what code do I have to put in where then?

Thx