Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just want a question answered

killerloader

ok
so eclpise evolution 2.7 seems alot better then origins, so why get origins?
like there are alotta bugs in evolution but orginins only has like 2 tilesets, 12 items, 6 magic thingos and 2 people sprites
i mean common, evolution had a damn lot of all of those?
whyd they even release origins when they coulda fixed up evolution, please answer :), cas i dont wanna be moving to oringins for no reason :), thnxs

@killerloader:

> so eclpise evolution 2.7 seems alot better then origins, so why get origins?
>
> whyd they even release origins when they coulda fixed up evolution

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/Reaction/1280643348696.gif)

@killerloader:

> ok
> so eclpise evolution 2.7 seems alot better then origins, so why get origins?
> like there are alotta bugs in evolution but orginins only has like 2 tilesets, 12 items, 6 magic thingos and 2 people sprites
> I mean common, evolution had a damn lot of all of those?
> whyd they even release origins when they coulda fixed up evolution, please answer :), cas I dont wanna be moving to oringins for no reason :), thnxs

Are you retarded?

@Dami:

> jezus christ…
>
> focking noob xd, its a base, your supposed to fill it on your own...
>
> ya know, like making your own game? not getting somebody else to make it for ya -.-
>
> Dami

@Celsius:

> Are you retarded?

I think both of you need to calm down.

@Dami:

> yeah, I suppose your right…
>
> but its getting a bit annoying ya know...
>
> Dami
>
> very offtopic: wtf mellowz... your back? xd

xDDDD.Welcome back mellowz! btw Dami me like how you say things :D.

Hmmm threads like this will always exist , so I suggest you guys  to calm down ;D

I only like Stable 2.7 for it's animation tile ability which if Origins had then I would stick to origins.

And to answer your question, all you need to do is find the folder where the graphics are located and then add your own graphics.

And know that you can import tilesets form Stable to origins…

To answer your questions:

1\. Evolution has been broken for a long time now. It actually contains a whole lot of underlying bugs. To see what I mean, try and raise your "Magic" stat. Also, memory leaks and all make it so you have to reboot the server every once in a while.
2\. You can add your own graphics or convert those from Evolution. Just because you don't have them by default doesn't mean you can't add them. The main point is that you now have a lot smaller download and you are also encouraged to make them yourself.

@Soul:

> To answer your questions:
>
> 1\. Evolution has been broken for a long time now. It actually contains a whole lot of underlying bugs. To see what I mean, try and raise your "Magic" stat. Also, memory leaks and all make it so you have to reboot the server every once in a while.
> 2\. You can add your own graphics or convert those from Evolution. Just because you don't have them by default doesn't mean you can't add them. The main point is that you now have a lot smaller download and you are also encouraged to make them yourself.

thank you so much, thats the answer i wanted :)
also are there programs that can convert the maps
and seeing as all the items are in one file is there a program that can convert every image in that one file into seperate files for origins, itl take a while to get all the pictures i drew into origins :), thnxs again

@Skillzalot:

> Its about making your own game therefore you should be adding in your own features. You should not be asking Robin to make your game for you because that will not go to well.

haha calm down lol :)
if I wanted to make my own game full I wouldnt be using this program, I would be using c++ or even gamemaker :)

haha i wasnt asking him to do anything for me, at the start i just wanted to know if there were any extra features hidden inside or anything like that :/

@killerloader:

> thank you so much, thats the answer I wanted :)
> also are there programs that can convert the maps
> and seeing as all the items are in one file is there a program that can convert every image in that one file into seperate files for origins, itl take a while to get all the pictures I drew into origins :), thnxs again

No, you cannot convert the maps, but you should find making new maps a lot easier with Origins once you get used to the interface. It includes dynamic map sizes and a lot of other features that will give your game a smoother feel.

As for your images, see [The Eclipse Origins Image Converters](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,60179.0.html). That should pretty much do the trick for you.