Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PUN looking for a team!

Link

Hi there, I'm Tousen Kaname as you may know I am the creator of PUN, today I will be looking for team members to recruit including the fallowing :Mappers,GUI designers,Coders,Sad-Scripter,And moderators,
however these spots are limited to the fallowing numbers.
Mappers:5
GUI Designers:2
Sad-Scripters:3-4
Coders:2-3
And moderators:2-3

A small summary of the game:It's a "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon" fan based game so it fallows behind the actual cartoon series created by Nintendo, the range of time would be modern Pokemon world, we have main systems built such as evolution"Only one tile needed for all evolution", we have already began working on the pet system, we are looking forward to doing a recruitment system, the creation of the game was started around the summer of 2009"when we were very much noobs"
although I hate to use the word.

What we are looking for is someone dedicated to the goal and actually want's to help progress this project and will take it seriously you don't have to necessarily be very experienced but to and extent where we can actually make good progression, how to apply "Just reply to this post or personally message me with examples of your work!

Screen Shots:

Lol wrong I want a team of 17 ppl helping I'm not a rooky I can do coding in c++vb,most of the maps I did and I pretty much handle payments on the website etc so no I don't want them to do all the work for me….....isn't that obvious I never said I want all the work done for me in fact most of the work is already done they would just be adding on what they've got to offer if that answers your question....

Umm can you not see the maps above do they look straight to you like I said the first time around"when you played" we were noobs it's been about a year it's changed since then everything above is now the recent updating.

you've been on here for 2 months.  Care to explain how you had an alpha open last year?  anyways, your team is HUGE for a fan game.  All of your team can map, so don't even ask for a mapper.  Don't ask for 2 GUI designers, 1 will do the trick and more.  Sad scripters?  lolwut?  no.  2-3 coders?  I guess if you want a pokemon game…
Also, maps are fairly boring.  they are overcrowded with similar tiles, and the placing of them is odd.  Read some hard core mapping tutorials they have on other websites.  Try to break in each part of your map.  in most cases, Don't have sudden cliffs without adding an outlying cliff.  An exception would be a cliff, like you have in http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=68859.0;attach=16777;image.  In this map however,  there wouldn't be that many trees on the cliffs.  On a stone cliff like that, not many trees would be able to grow. 

in this map: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=68859.0;attach=16783;image
the cliff is poorly blended.  Terrrace it more like you do in this map: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=68859.0;attach=16779;image

Also, try not to use the same tiles too many times.

@Tousen:

> And actually not 17 people I only count the two's the three's are only if I happen to feel we need extra help…....

I like working with small groups, large groups tend to create issues, and you have those people who like to break off and make their own game. So I wouldn't try recruiting large amounts of people, recruit people who are selectively talented in areas your not since your not a rookie apparently.

Lol dude you played yesterday?, here's my site http://www.pokemonunations.com/ as you can see it clearly says the game is only open to staff no players can even go in smarty pants….....sure you were on, funny cuz I was on all day I didn't see you once.

Ok you were on there right? well how about this, look at the top of this post….. doesn't it say PUN looking for team members? if so, get the hell out of here if you aren't here to join the team stop taking up post because this isn't a goddamn flame center for you to make bad comments otherwise i will report you for overflowing this topic with totally unrelated issues to the topic!

I never made any bad comments, I started out telling you that the maps need more obstacles, you stated me to stop it, and said the game has changed, I told ya it didnt, and you started with that fucking thing you were online all day and that only yuou can access it… I simply proved it didn't, and you come out im giving bad comments?

Whatever, was just trying to help, im getting the fuck outta here, I wish you luck with whatever you do, the best of luck, was trying to help.

• 6 months later...
@Hector:

> well if your game is working yet i can help u mapping if not well just tell me 
> i mean if u are going to continue with the game

This thread was started and stopped in February. If you wanted to apply for a job, the best thing you could of done was posted a thread on their websites forums.