• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] - Simple Graphical Quest System

iSKweek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For some reason it isn't working at all… The game just runs normally and there isn't any change after editing the files. Also, where do I put the code for frmMain? There are only two files I can edit that are labeled frmMain, but one's not even for codes and just has text in it. The other is for codes but keeps bringing up a picture of the game's layout. I tried putting the code in the frmMain with text in it, but that doesn't work either. None of the codes do anything for some reason...

What should I do?

Please reply and thanks for posting the code. Even if it isn't working for me. You definitely put a lot of effort into it.

@namine207:

> -snip-

First of all, do you have Visual Basic 6 installed? If not, see [this](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68399.msg736833.html#msg736833). If you do have it installed, read on.

Do not edit individual files, instead open client.vbp or server.vbp. Make your edits there, and then compile your changes. Go to File (top left corner) > Make Eclipse Origins.exe (for client.vbp) and File > Make server.exe (for server.vbp).

Thanks a lot!
Only for some reason when I try to make the file into the server.exe it comes up with an error that says 'compile error: User-defined type not defined'. And it says this part of the frmServer.frm is wrong:

Private Sub lvwInfo_ColumnClick(ByVal ColumnHeader As MSComctlLib.ColumnHeader

Also, when I open the client and try to edit codes on it, nothing comes up. It's just the client.vbp file.
Sorry for all the questions but I really appreciate the help. I'm new to all this stuff.

• 2 months later...
@Chukillz:

> ok this might sound stupid…is there a way that quest givers have like an exlimation point if they have a quest to give and a question mark or something that will say they started a mission for that quest giver?

Use this, its way beter:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,70502.0.html